Update on me

Forum: LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gaby&Emmy'sMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I've mentioned it a few times but haven't gone into a lot of detail (well, any)..

Long story short, I'm in a new relationship - and I know that she's my soulmate

We've been friends (online) for about 18 months now, and after one of our big earthquakes we started texting each other regularly and found we had everything in common, texting regularly turned into texting all the time, which turned into chatting online all the time.. the more we spoke, the more we found we had in common, and right from the start we've said we're 'brain twins' because we're so in sync with each other and there are a tonne of spooky coincidences.

We've always spoken about EVERYTHING - especially sex related things, and I guess we found we had a lot in common as far as that goes too.. the biggest dif. being that she's straight and I identify as bi.

She has shared care of her kids with her ex-hubby, and they were going away for 3 weeks with him on boxing day, and we decided in November that she'd come stay down here for a couple of weeks...

Pretty much as soon as I saw her at the airport it felt like the other half of me was finally there, and we got on so well in person - there was none of the awkwardness I expected. For the first week things were very platonic, but there was kind of a vibe there... we'd cuddle in bed and stuff, but it never went past that..

Then on the morning of the Wednesday after she'd arrived we ended up getting intimate.. and after that it was all on, and on the Saturday we had a deep and meaningful, and both admitted we were in love with each other.....

And after that everything seemed.. perfect.. or something. Like it was right and natural and the way things should be.

Sadly she had to leave the next Wednesday (at some ungodly hour of the morning) - and we had the big tearful goodbye at the airport.. ironically enough, my ex-gf works at the airport - near the security gate, and I wound up getting a hug from her when I was leaving (lol).

The plan is for her and the kids to move down here when the ex-hubby finds a teaching job here. He wants to move back down this way, and of course that kind of works perfectly for us. They have a good friendship, and I wouldnt' expect her to move the kids down here without him (in the same way she doesn't expect me to move up there with my two, leaving their fathers without any contact).. We know that it's potentially going to take awhile, but also know that it's going to be worth the wait.

And to be honest, it's quite nice getting to know each other more (if that's possible) without being physical all the time - it seems to be making our bond grow even stronger. Of course I wish we could be physical all the time

It kind of just snuck up on us - though everyone told us it was going to happen... but I never ever expected her to leave, with us being in love, and talking about our future....

anyway, that's where we are at now
melandherboys likes this.

January 15th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
I knew you guys were meant for each other.
And I am genuinely happy for you!

I hope the wait isn't too long, tho!
She's right, it will be worth it

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
January 15th, 2012, 08:09 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
Happy for you Em you deserve it!

And for the right person the wait is TOTALLY worth it.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

January 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
MamaJess0008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to MamaJess0008 Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJess0008
Totally awesome!! so happy for you!!

I hope the move doesnt take too long, but in the end it will be worth the wait for sure!!!

Thank you claire1979 for the cute siggy!! =)

January 15th, 2012, 06:37 PM
thanks everyone... her ex-husband is being a bit of a dick about the move, changing his mind every 10 seconds.. but eventually she'll be down here... We did find a job today that suits him perfectly, it's everything he wants.. probably a little further away from the city than he wants, but the job is awesome...

January 15th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
What's the job?! Does he know about you two?

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
January 16th, 2012, 01:32 PM
It's a Principal's job (he's a teacher) and it's in the type of location he wants (rural, he hates big cities)... He doesn't know about us yet, L. doesn't think he'll react badly.. they are good friends and he's always said he just wants her to be happy. Of course you can never really know how someone will react. She told her Mum which was a big deal

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search