Blurring the lines.

Forum: LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By KiwiMommy
  • 1 Post By krissy1989
  • 1 Post By Galactic Som

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Galactic Som's Avatar is some kind of something
I may not be very good at it, because I'm very distinctly female, but I love blurring the lines when it comes to gender roles, especially with my clothing. I've always had more of a tomboy personality and my clothes of choice have always been things of comfort... which for the longest time always translated into T shirts, jeans and boots/sandals. Not only does it feel comfortable, but it also happens to fit me better than most women's clothing, which I find pretty ironic seeing that I'm very busty and I've got a bit of a badonk.

Anyway, as I've grown up I've been surprised that I actually get a lot of crap for consistently wearing men's clothing. I mean, it's not as though there aren't periods when I don't want to feel feminine and get all dressed up in women's clothing. I'll do my hair, hell I'll even wear a dress. But, don't give me crap if I want to wear those comfortable male cargo shorts from American Eagle with those sexy engineer boots. I'll be ****** if I don't think I look more attractive when I wear the latter.

...Am I alone on thing? xD
February 21st, 2012, 01:24 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I certainly don't dress femininely.... I don't own any skirts or any dresses.. I have one pair of heels that I have worn once... LOL.

March 5th, 2012, 10:07 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I used to be pretty stubborn about wearing REALLY baggy men's clothes, but that was a long time ago. I actually enjoy looking pretty and feminine now, but only when other people can see me. When I'm at home, I kick back in big jogging pants and DH's shirts. LoL

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
March 5th, 2012, 09:43 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I'm semi masculine. Short hair, no makeup (EVER) and I'm currently wearing sweatpants (in my defense, from Victoria's Secret..but they were a gift.. LOL) and a baggy old t-shirt. I don't own dresses, don't own any shoes aside from a pair of worn out skate shoes.. I've never been very feminine. As a child, I preferred jeans and tshirts over skirts and dresses any day. Makes me scared that I have a daughter.. LOL But I dress her girly and cute. She owns an entire dresser drawer full of dresses and skirts! I notice I put her in jeans and tshirts often too though I kind of hope she isn't girly. I'll be lost.
Galactic Som likes this.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
March 6th, 2012, 08:02 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMommy
Makes me scared that I have a daughter.. LOL But I dress her girly and cute. She owns an entire dresser drawer full of dresses and skirts! I notice I put her in jeans and tshirts often too though I kind of hope she isn't girly. I'll be lost.
This is why I'm so glad I have two boys! I'm a little terrified about the idea of having a girl. I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to raise her.
melandherboys likes this.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
March 15th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Not femme AT ALL.

Jeans,tees,flip flops,and a hoodie for me almost every day..
March 17th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Galactic Som's Avatar is some kind of something
Quote:
Originally Posted by melandherboys View Post
Not femme AT ALL.

Jeans,tees,flip flops,and a hoodie for me almost every day..
I'll high five you there!
melandherboys likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search