Pansexuality vs. Bisexuality

Forum: LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Galactic Som's Avatar is some kind of something
What are your thoughts on the relationship between being Pan and being Bi? I personally have a hard time differentiating the two most of the time. I know that sometimes Pansexuals like to say that being Pan means that they love without gender, but... doesn't being bisexual mean that as well?

I know that as a bisexual, I definitely love without gender. I mean, the things I'm interested in people that I might potentially love usually involves intelligence, and a pretty good conversationalist. I just don't /care/ about gender! Yes, I do find males and females attractive in the biological sense, but what I'm really attracted to is mostly androgyny and masculinity in both looks and personality.

So, anyone have any ideas? Perhaps there's more to Pansexuality that I'm aware of. Or maybe once again I'm over complicating things.
February 25th, 2012, 01:36 AM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
I don't even know exactly what Pansexuality is! There goes a new term! I think it should just be fluid.
Whomever you love. Want to spend your life with, or some of it. In a relationship.
I hate that society wants to create a label for every little tiny thing.
Just be yourself. Sex whoever you are attracted to, of course, if you're single...or in acceptance of your partner.

I can fall in love with either gender. As long as they are my type...which really...I don't even know what my type is. I just like being drawn to an individual. And if they have a penis or a vagina, that doesn't matter to me.

Sexuality is so fluid, and I love that it isn't sooooo black and white. Why must labels be that way?

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
February 25th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Galactic Som's Avatar is some kind of something
Ah, that's a great way of thinking that I've been trying to live by recently. I've noticed that a lot of kids in my generation have desperate been trying to label and relabel every little thing. There are names for sexual identity, sexuality, gender identity, etc. For example, did you know that there's a term for someone who is mostly attracted to a person only when they have an emotional attraction? And here I thought that was just about... everyone on the face of the Earth.

I guess it makes it a bit confusing and overwhelming for someone who's still trying to come to terms with things. But, yeah, I agree... The labels are unnecessary.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search