26 hours together

Forum: LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
So on Friday afternoon, Lauriel picked us up from the airport.... I had to control myself when I first saw her - I wanted to do very very naughty things to her, right there in the arrivals lounge! We managed to make our way to the hotel, then walked into town and had some dinner, before she left us so we could go to the concert. We got back to the hotel around 11.30-ish, and got into bed... It was worse than the airport - my sister & Gaby were in the room with us, so it wasn't like we could get up to any naughty business.. though.. we did... a little

Saturday morning my sister took Gaby out for breakfast so we FINALLY had our alone time... 90 blissful minutes of it! I won't go into details.... but.... there was lots of screaming For the rest of Saturday we went to the zoo, then to the mall, and then to a famous NZ landmark... then it was time for us to to go the airport and head home..

*sigh* we kissed goodbye at the airport, and there were these big construction worker dudes sitting outside smoking and they were watching us, looking like this , it was so funny... probably the bright spot of their days

Good news is that it's now only 3 weeks until she comes down to stay for 9 days... nowhere near as painful as 3 months!

We finally got a photo of us... well, a couple

at the zoo...

up at One Tree Hill (even if the tree got chopped down by some crazy activisit, years ago).. excuse the gum in my mouth!

March 17th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Galactic Som's Avatar is some kind of something
Aww, congrats!

Any sort of distanced relationships is pretty hard to deal with, but insanely rewarding every time you managed to get to see your loved one in person. Now I can't help but reminisce... *happy sigh*
March 17th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
This is my first long distance relationship, and it's definitely an interesting change from a 'normal' relationship... I think we're a lot more in tune with each other, because we HAVE to talk a lot - it's not just a case of being physical whenever we want... you need a good emotional/mental connection to get through it.. and i think we're proving to each other that that's what we have.

not that i'd hate being physical every day

March 18th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Aww! Yay! And girl, puh-leas! My girl and I have had to go SIX months without seeing each other before It SUCKS,but, we talk on the phone pretty much all day and Skype every other day also. I saw her in January for 5 days,(it had been six months,so,we didn't leave the house! ) And she'll be back for 9 days in April(guess you and I will BOTH be very happy girls next month ) LDR's are HARD!! But, when she's worth it.. she's worth it
March 18th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Galactic Som's Avatar is some kind of something
I've got you both beat! I had to go 4 years before I got to meet DF for the first time in real life. It just made the meet up that much more intense. And amazing. And ohmygosh it took just about every fiber of my being to keep me from jumping him right there in the airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaby&Emmy'sMama View Post
This is my first long distance relationship, and it's definitely an interesting change from a 'normal' relationship... I think we're a lot more in tune with each other, because we HAVE to talk a lot - it's not just a case of being physical whenever we want... you need a good emotional/mental connection to get through it.. and i think we're proving to each other that that's what we have.

not that i'd hate being physical every day
You worded it so perfectly! I honestly don't think people really understand what it takes to make a LDR work, and well, the benefits that come along with that. Because communication is all you have to work with, it just makes the connection you have so much more intense. And real... It's amazing!
March 18th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
I am so happy for you, Emma!
I am glad you got it on! Wooooot!
Your sis rocks!
And especially because she's supportive of your lesbian relationship!!
I am glad you had fun at the concert! I didn't take you for country music! LOL
April will be here before we know it! I'll be so happy for you and Mel, to see your ladies again!!

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search