For those of you with significant other...

Forum: LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By badgirl11381

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Galactic Som's Avatar is some kind of something
How did you meet? And if you're in a long distance relationship, tell me about your first meeting!

Last edited by Galactic Som; March 18th, 2012 at 08:39 PM.
March 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
LDR?
SO, is significant other, right?
(Sorry, I really hate, and refuse to learn/use abbreviations/acronyms!)

I guess my husband is my significant other, right?
I met him 12 years ago, at the grocery store we were both working at, at the time.

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
March 18th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Haha, sorry! Force of habit. But, yeah, SO is significant other and LDR is long distance relationship. I'll fix the main post.
March 18th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
Haha! I'm just anal! You don't have to change it for me! I just haven't seen LDR! It made me think of Ladder Day Saints! (See, I am a hypocrite, cuz I do use LOL)

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
March 18th, 2012, 10:20 PM
No worries. I have to get a little less lazy with my typing, anyway!
March 19th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
How did you meet? And if you're in a long distance relationship, tell me about your first meeting!

L and I met on a lesbian forum chat thingy in 2005. We exchanged yahoo IM's and chatted that way for about a year. I was with someone at the time,and she was about to move from TX to Ca,to be with someone also,but,we stayed online friends if you will. Then, I lost contact with her(our computer crashed). By the time I found her again(fate anyone?) I had gotten married to dh,(we were engaged,and had already been together since 2000,and,yes,everyone always asks if he knew about her,yes,from day one!)and had Carson,and was at the time broken up from my gf. She was living in CA,but,not very happy. Anyways, we talked a few times a week,and just kept up with each other,but,lived our separate lives. But, oddly enough,we always said 'I love you' to each other. This went on until 2008. In late 2008(August) she broke up with her wife,and I was single,and we started talking A LOT more. By early 2009,we sort of both broke down one day and said, omg,I've ALWAYS loved you,you have ALWAYS been that girl for me. We started dating,and were planning on her coming to see me,but, jealousy,and just the usual strains of an LDR got the best of both of us,and we ended it. Stayed close, talked almost every day on the phone,but, nonetheless,were not 'together'. A lot of things happened in her personal life,and after it all calmed down a bit,I told her I'd never ever let her get away from me again. By now, it's late 2010.. made it 'official' again,she came out in March of 2011.

Our first meeting..after SUCH a long wait,and such an emotional roller coaster! I remember we told each other we weren't going to kiss or anything at the airport,HA! I saw her,and my heart went into my stomach,and we hugged for what seemed like forever,and started kissing right there! That first night,omg, It..Was..AMAZING.. Everything in my life made sense,and I knew she was the girl for me.. forever! Since then, she came out July of last year,I went out there to see her this past January,and she is coming in TWENTY EIGHT days to see me,and hopefully by the holidays,she will be here all the time L and I were definitely meant to be. And she fits in my family perfectly. She's like the missing piece. Her and DH are partners in crime,and gang up on me all the time, and he tells me all the time how happy he is we are together because 'she just fits' in our little weird and complicated(to society) life.

Last edited by melandherboys; March 21st, 2012 at 02:06 PM.
March 19th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
We met in August 2010, on a New Zealand parenting/health/everything forum.... We met on the Single Parenting board, and over the months become a bit more friendly, and then after our first big earthquake we swapped cellphone numbers, because she wanted to keep in touch with me to make sure I was okay

Then in June 2011 after our 2 big earthquakes then, I left town and again she text me to make sure me and girls were okay, and we started texting heaps & realised we had SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much in common, that it was scary... We kept in very regular contact, then in Septemeber we got closer because of a sports event that was on... that I was obsessed with, and managed to get her interested in too... From October we were pretty much in constant contact and would stay up on FB & Skype until like 1am... We pretty much became best friends, and in November she decided that in December/January while her kids were with their father for 2 weeks, she'd come stay with me & the girls.

She'd been here a week before anything sexual happened, but when it did, it was the beginning of 'us'... That was the Wednesday.. on the Saturday we each told the other we loved them.... and the rest really is history. It's been 2 months, 2 weeks & 2 days today (according to my ticker)...

How do we make long distance work???
LOTS of phone sex
LOTS of text-sex
LOTS of dirty IM conversations
Keeping in frequent contact - texting, skype IM'ing, facebooking, phone calls... I think we both know that communication is REALLY important, and we have a lot of amazing conversations... I don't think i've ever really spoken this much with a partner... because there isn't the possiblity for regular 'physical contact', we have to talk - becuase it's all we have really (most of the time).. so we've got this amazingly intense emotional and mental connection........ and a sexual connection that goes past anything I've had before!

March 19th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Aww! Oh yeah. Phone sex is a MUST!
March 20th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Lmao! I can honestly say that I've never done the phone sex before. ... I can't really speak for IMs, though.
March 21st, 2012, 02:07 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Phone sex is yet another way we remain close even though we're 2900 miles away from each other..
March 23rd, 2012, 12:20 PM
badgirl11381's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to badgirl11381
Me and my GF went to high school together, back then we both had bf's...we lost contact and she found me on fb about two years ago. We became bbf's and she came out to me we talked about everything and told each other we loved one another (as friends). I had always been curious but just too nervous. We continued being best friends until one day a cpl months ago when I realized I wanted to be with her and after her confessing her love to me for about a year (lol) I gave in haha
melandherboys likes this.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search