Do you have a local gay bar?

Forum: LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Galactic Som
  • 1 Post By melandherboys
  • 1 Post By Gray Sea
  • 1 Post By krissy1989

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Have you ever gone? If so, do you like it? The one in the next town over is pretty, um, flamboyant? LoL. For lack of a better word. They're always having crossdresser performances and such. I've only been there a few times, but it was fun, and the performances were great, and I had a good time feeling comfortable in my own skin and knowing that I could walk up to any woman there to see if she wanted to dance. I'm not keen on the idea of taking someone home from a bar, but it's nice to get out and have fun every now and then, just dancing and flirting. I haven't been there ever since DH and I got serious, but I've been thinking about going for a girl's night out one of these days, if I could ever get a babysitter for that late at night.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
March 23rd, 2012, 10:52 PM
Galactic Som's Avatar is some kind of something
Apparently we have three gay bars around this area, but I've personally never seen them before. I'm not really much into the bar/club scene. There is, however, a really awesome tea and coffee shop around here that has live music every Friday and is very LGBT friendly. But, nothing too flamboyant or over the top about it. I'm considering checking out this place called IQ's. It's suppose to be an Art and music bar, with live music and good food. Not really a gay bar... but it's the closest I could come up with.

I think you should go, though! It might be a good reviler of stress.
krissy1989 likes this.
March 24th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I've never been to a gay bar, and doubt I ever wil - it's been 6+ years since I've stepped foot in ANY sort of bar!! LOL

From what I know, the couple? of gay bars we do have, were closed down after our earthquake last year.. they're all in the CBD and that's pretty much completely under lockdown, still

March 24th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I tend to not do the club/bar scene, either - mostly because I don't drink alcohol whatsoever and tend to get more than a few comments about it when I'm out. But I want to have a night of fun sooo bad! And I feel like the only way to finally be completely myself is to surround myself with other LGBT people - if only to talk and maybe make a couple new acquaintances. Because goodness knows I can't talk about it to anyone I know around here.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
March 26th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Yeah, I live in one of the biggest cities in FL so, there are quite a few,but,I don't go. Why go when your girl is way on the other side of the country? We went to a couple when I went to see her though. Fun times..
Gray Sea likes this.
March 26th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
Krissy, I would so go with you for a girls night out! Mel, it's so funny to me...to know that Miami has a lot of gay bars, and the gay scene is soooo flamboyant there! And open! When the state heads are so flippin' conservative! LOL (I always think of the movie The Birdcage!)
We have 2 gay bars that I know of!
One isn't really a full time gay club! Just on Sundays. It's called the Wildcat. I hate it tho, cuz only posh people go there! You have to be in the 'it' crowd to really fit in. Sad, huh?
I have only gone there once.
And the other one called The Pub...it's full time gay bar. But I've yet to go there.
It's kinda high end, too! Bah!

In Vegas, where I lived for years, had a few gay bars, too! I used to love going!
I do not drink alcohol, but I love to people watch! And gay bars, well, I feel more at home in them! I can freely and openly check out the ladies, without having to guess if they're bi or gay...ya know?
krissy1989 likes this.

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
March 27th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I would totally love to have a girl's night out!! It would be nice to go WITH people, rather than by myself. Unfortunately, with my current circle of friends IRL and my conservative family, I don't really have anyone to ask. I don't think any of my friends (none of whom I'm really close to) would be comfortable. *sigh* So alone. LoL

EDIT: Okay, I just got done texting my older sister (the only sibling I came out to), and she's totally open to the idea of coming with me! She would make it a blast! YAY!! Hopefully this weekend!!
Gray Sea likes this.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!

Last edited by krissy1989; March 27th, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
March 28th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Sea View Post
Mel, it's so funny to me...to know that Miami has a lot of gay bars, and the gay scene is soooo flamboyant there! And open! When the state heads are so flippin' conservative! LOL (I always think of the movie The Birdcage!)
Oh I know it! I am 30 minutes from Orlando,and there are several gay bars around.. several. And then of course Miami is super gay town,yet, none of them can be legally married, or even truly accepted here.. So,so sad..
March 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
It's such a big hypocrite thing going on down there! I bet politicians love the gay bars, too!!

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search