Soo I told my mom----Sorry so long but need advice

Forum: LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2012, 07:07 AM
badgirl11381's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to badgirl11381
So, I came out to my mom about two weeks ago...I thought she would be cool about it bc she has some gay friends and we have some gay family members. About my one uncle she always says I wish he would just come out and introduce his boyfriend to the family, he would be so much happier being able to be his self. My brother is bi-sexual. I dont know if he has nessesarily "came out to her but she knows". He has made posts about it on face book and they are friends. So, I told her and she just told me that she didn't want to hear about it. Then, the next day she said I am changing and she doesn't like the person I've become. I have not changed at all. I don't see a change what so ever and nobody else has noticed any changes in me. The only difference with me is that I am happy. I said why is it okay for you for Zac (my brother) to be bisexual and not for me. All she said was it's just different but she couldn't tell me why. So, she totally talked down about my girlfriend. And, by the way, she has never met her at all...I love her. She treats me better than any other boyfriend I have ever had. She shows me so much love. The way she was talking to me was horrible!! She even threatened to take my kids (which I know she can't do because I am not doing anything wrong) So, I told her I didn't want to talk to her anymore. So, the next day she texted me and appologized for everything and said as long as I am happy that's all that matters. But, she also said she doesn't want to hear about anything. Its hard because I talk to my mom like three times a day. It's getting a little easier but it just sucks because there are so many things that I would tell my mom about things if my gf was, well, a man. I have to always think before I speak now. Has anyone else had any similar experience?

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy
April 17th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry you and your mom are not on the same page..I know that can be hard..I never had that problem as my mom accepted me before and after I came out(we don't have any other GLBT ppl in the family)..Im sure eventually everything will work out and you'll feel closer to her again..My mom passed in june unexpectedly and Im so glad I got the opportunity to have that talk with her while she was here..I don't tend to post a ton on this board because Im also part of the sept 2011 play group and the sept 2012 expecting club..yes I know thats insane..LOL

April 17th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Aw hun, I'm really sorry your Mum reacted like this... it is weird that it's seemingly okay for your brother, but not for you? Does your brother have kids? If not, maybe it's to do with the fact you have children, and the whole children deserve to be brought up in a real family, with a Mum and a Dad thing? NOT that I agree with that sentiment at all.. but maybe that's something to do with it?

I hope that over time she gets her head around it, and starts being more accepting - and that she can meet your girlfriend and see how happy she makes you, and how well she treats you... perhaps THAT will make her feel a bit more reassured about things... because what any parent wants is their child to be happy, and if your Mum sees you so happy, it might relax things a bit....

On the other side of things though - congratulations on coming out to your Mum I know it's not easy coming out!

April 18th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Thanks girls, yes my brother has three children so I don't get it i hope she will be willing to meet her one day but I don't see that happening any time soon. I just hope things work out. This girl has been my best friend for a couple years and I have known her since high school I'm just hoping that this does not mess up our relationship.

April 18th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
Are you younger or older than your brother?
Maybe because you're a girl, and she's a girl...(your mom), she doesn't really want to like, think about your sexual encounters?
I dunno.
That sucks, tho.
I hope she comes around, where you're able to talk openly about your relationship.

Many hugs to you!

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
April 19th, 2012, 07:11 AM
I'm younger than my brother...no, She said she doesn't want to hear about it...THank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search