Is (was) getting married important to you?

Forum: LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
For those of you who ARE married, was getting married important to you - was it something you felt you NEEDED to do, or could you have quite happily just lived AS husband and wife / wife& wife?

For those of you who AREN'T married, is getting married important to you? Or does living together as husband & wife / wife & wife appeal just as much or more?

May 14th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Galactic Som's Avatar is some kind of something
Ya know, there was about a year that I was completely gaga about getting married. It kind of hit me out of no where. I guess it didn't help that most of my friend were getting married around the same time and I had been together with my SO longer than all of them put together. But, after a while I just realized that it really isn't that big of a deal to me. Yes, it's something I'd like to do in the future, but I'm not rushing into anything just because we're engaged. The reality is that emotionally and spiritually, we already are married. Having a little document and little benefits isn't what makes it for me.

And on the same vein, I don't really understand how people can get so anal about their weddings. I know people who're having break downs just planning for it! I know when I have mine, it'll be a small group of people and just relaxing. I think that's the way it should be.
May 14th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly I was but after being married for 3 years if I could go back I wouldn't get married. But I'd have to because he's in the military and in order to move and live together it's easier to be married.
May 16th, 2012, 09:58 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
When I look back now, I feel like I rushed things because of what I wanted out of my life (man, kids, house). At the time, I didn't think that we were rushing, and I thought that getting married made the most sense because I felt like I was in love (and I was really baby fevered). I didn't go crazy planning it, and we only spent around $500 total on the whole wedding. But I just don't really feel like DH is who I was supposed to have married--at least not so soon. Proving my commitment to someone IS very important to me, but if DH and I ever separate for some reason, I will be a lot more hesitant to be bound to someone by paper.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
May 20th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I'm not married, but Lauriel and I are planning on it. I think if I'm really honest to myself, getting married IS important, but it isn't the be all... I could quite happily live the rest of my life living AS wife and wife.. but if I had a choice, I would sooner get married

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search