Children & discussing sexuality

Forum: LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Are any of your children at the age that they've asked questions about sexuality?
Or if they know you are in a relationship with a woman (or have been), have they asked about it? Or do they just seem to 'go with the flow'??

do you remember ever discussing sexuality with YOUR parents?

August 14th, 2012, 08:13 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
DD is still too young for me to have any talks with her. But, we are extremely close with my mom and her partner and also my brother who is gay, so she will grow up in a very accepting and nonjudgmental environment. Eventually, I'm sure we will have a talk, but that's pretty far off.

I remember my mom having a talk with me once when she was still married to my dad. She told me that she would support me no matter what and wouldn't judge.
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

August 20th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Quote:
Originally Posted by drama.geek View Post
I think they'll have more questions about what heterosexuality is
that's a REALLY good point actually... I think my children will probably be the same way... Lauriel's kids will both have Mum & Dad active in their life when we're living together, but for my girls.. they'll barely ever see their fathers, so I guess the familial norm they'll know IS two Mum's.......

As for me... I have spoken to Gaby, but it was more of a brief 'men can love men, women can love women' type talk, and not specifically about *my* sexuality... She knows that me and Lauriel are in love, and that we're getting married and she's excited about it!

I have never spoken to my parents about my sexuality as such... We've never sat down and discussed the fact I'm in love with a woman, or feel sexually attracted to women.. they just accept it for what it is

September 1st, 2012, 09:50 PM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
Popping in because this popped up on a search for me...but uhh...why are there three banned people? I knew that last girl from another forum! Anywho...HI EMMA! My parents were always jerks about sexuality. They taught us just by show that it was gross for people to be in same sex relationships. They would "ew" at the images and things like that. With my kids, I talk about it like it's exactly the same. They don't notice the difference yet, they usually just ask me if people who are kissing are married. I plan to keep it as "normal" to them as possible because I don't want them raised to feel negatively about gays like we were.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search