What a way to start the year

Forum: LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2008, 10:58 AM
dawnly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were visiting family for 3 weeks and we had to extend our trip because there was a huge storm at home, that knocked out power to 95% of the town. our house got power back after 5 days, some people were still will out power after 8 days.

We came home to a fridge and deep freezer of bad food. Everything had to be thrown out.

we moved to state that would recognize us as a couple, but hard times like this I really miss our friends from where we use to live. We haven't had a chance to build up a "good" friend network yet.

January 14th, 2008, 05:51 PM
snicholet's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to snicholet
Oh sweety, I am so sorry to hear that! That must have been horrible. Mother nature isn't always nice! I know that things will get better soon though, its just one month out of 12!!! A few days out of 365ish. My new year hasn't started out great either, if it makes you feel better. I passed my kidney stone but came down with a terrible cold, sinus infection and bronchitis. No fun! We just have to keep our chins up, and just think, next month, we probably won't even remember what happened in January, right?

January 17th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I'm glad the kidney stone is gone, though I am sure it wasn't fun. I am so sorry you got sick on top of it.

On a good note....how is the pregnancy going??
January 17th, 2008, 07:28 PM
FABULOUS! I can't complain a bit....well except the insistant HEARTBURN! i feel like a fire breathing dragon. but really great otherwise! I had an uneventful appointment on monday. A little bummed cuz my wife couldn't go with me so it was lonely too. I did get to schedule an ultrasound though for FEB. 7th and I get to have my glucose test next week. I get to eat jelly beans instead of drinking yucky crap people keep telling me about so I am not too worried about it. AND, I registered for childbirth prep classes today and got into the weekend classes I wanted to. And just yesterday they told me they were all full, I guess procrastinating one more day paid off! Thats how things are going in a nut shell. Though, I probably should have waited till like tomorrow to post this cuz I am kinda crabby tonight so I might repost a non crabby one tomorrow depending on how I am feeling!!!

How is everything working out for you? Where you able to get everything situated?

January 18th, 2008, 11:14 AM
For some reason, I do not get an email when there are new posts here. (Yes I am signed up to receive them) I have to actually log into Justmommies and check to see if anyone has written anything. So sorry I didn't respond sooner to your response.

I am so glad your pregnancy is going well. I didn't think the orange drink was bad at all. I can imagine if I had dragged it out by just takinig little sips it would have gotten old, but I drank it pretty quickly. I have never heard of the jelly beans. That definitely sounds better no matter what!

Congrats on the childbirth classes.

I know what you mean about going to the doctors alone. We moved when I was 36 weeks pregnant and since Morgan had just started the job she couldn't go to any of the appointments for the final 6 weeks....which was fine because that meant she got to take all of her available time off after the baby was born..which was much more important. )

Can't wait to see the pictures of your bundle of joy....I can't remember, do you have names picked out yet?
January 29th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Yes we do have a name picked out. Its Ariea ( pronounced Are-ee-a) Camille. We are so excited. our next ultrasound is the 7th and it can't come soon enough. I can't wait to see her again. This week I am 28 weeks and am finally starting to really get big, well that is what everyone tells me. I guess that is what happens when you work with 50 women who have all had babies!!!!

I signed up for the email notification too but I haven't been getting them either. Wonder whats up with that?

I had just replied to your pm and then get on this board and you had already done what I had suggested. Too funny!!! I think it was an excellent idea and hopefully some people will feel comfortable enough now to come visit with us!

We got freezing rain on sunday then a foot of snow on top of that monday so I didn't have to go to work today cuz they closed the schools. I was excited about that. I could handle 4 day weekends every week =)

Are you a stay at home mom or do you work? not to say that being a domestic goddess isn't work, trust me, I appreciate and understand the stay at home work. I am the second oldest of 7 kids, my mom worked her hinny off. Just curious.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search