Introduce Yourself!!!

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2008, 10:43 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I thought it'd be good if everyone who posts here - or lurks here, could post up an intro, so we all know who is around!

My name is Emma (at the time of writing this) I'm 24 years old & have an almost 20 month old daughter - Gaby. I live in New Zealand & we don't have access to a lot of the different pills & some forms of b/c that are mentioned here, so I like learning about them!

June 22nd, 2008, 06:31 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Hi! My name is Ashleigh! I've been around on this board for a while, though I have been off BCP for a while since my fiance, Kyle, and I have been trying for our first. I was on the pill for about 3 years before I went off it.
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

July 23rd, 2008, 09:47 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm Jessica and I'm 21! I was on the pill (Alesse) since I was like 14! I've recently switched to the generic version of it called Aviane and so far I don't like it! I'm anxious all the time, emotional, all I feel like doing is crying!!

I plan to talk to my doctor to switch to something else!

July 27th, 2008, 11:50 AM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello! My name's Allison, I'm 25, married to Aaron, 28. Our first son, Aaden, was born June 17, 2008. I'm currently waiting for AF to appear again so I can start back on the pill, Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO.

August 2nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
Veteran
Hi all, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Maggie, married to Peter for 2 and a half years. My son, Jack was born July 29, 2007. I've been on b/c since I quit nursing (December '07). I was very shocked 3 weeks ago when I was late for my period and got a BFP on a HPT. Well, as it turns out, I'm not pregnant. AF came today and I guess I was just late having it due to stress and whatnot..UGH..it's a mess but, I need to start on my b/c again so, I will be joining you all I guess!!

P.S. My siggie is outdated so, I will get that fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you steph2007 for my beautiful siggy!!

August 7th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evenblindly's Avatar lost 28lbs in 90 days!
Send a message via Yahoo to Evenblindly
my name is Jessica, Im 24, Im going to get the IUD I think... Ive never really been on b/c before, but I think its about time!

And I do it FREE check out more info ----->> http://jessicakopac.myvi.net/
Thank you Vicki for my AWESOME siggy!!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/evenblindly?ref=tn_tnmn

"I will walk by faith, even when i cannot see! because this broken road prepares your will for me"
September 1st, 2008, 07:11 PM
twingirls52905's Avatar loving my new baby boy
Send a message via Yahoo to twingirls52905
I'm Heide (28) and I have been married to Jamie (almost 33) for 4 years. We have 3 year old twin girls. I am on Ortho Tri-cyclene Lo. I want another baby, but dh doesn't right now, so I am stuck on the pill for now.

September 25th, 2008, 07:40 PM
itsmenatalie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey there - I just saw the link to this board on kasie's siggy and thought I would pop over. I'm Natalie and I'm 30. Two kids, DS Brad 10/05 and DD Lucy 05/08. I've been on the mini pill (Errin) since after having Lucy but I'm spotting all the time and looking for something else, but I'm still BFing. I have been on the pill since 2001 except when pregnant or TTC and never had this problem so I'm frustrated!

September 28th, 2008, 10:35 AM
SFGiantsGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello Everyone!!

I am the new CO-host here along with Kasie!! Just wanted to say hi!! I am 25 and I have been on BC for prob 6-7years total..lol. Had a time were I wasn't taking anything. But anyways, I am on the Generic form of Yasmin 28. I hope all you ladies enjoy posting here and if you have any questions PLEASE ask away

January 17th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im Jenn I am 22 and live in Florida. I just had my 1st daughter and looking to get a IUD here soon to prevent another baby right now. So im learning about the risks and benefits!! Bare with my questions!
January 24th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
I'm Christina, I live in Florida. I recently gave birth to my daughter via csection on jan 8. I am looking for BC to prevent another pregnancy right now
February 7th, 2009, 12:50 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm Shawna. I advocate that every woman do her homework about the effects/risks of various birth control methods in order to make a fully informed choice! As a nurse, NFP Instructor, and fertility educator, I've had to learn about the effects of hormonal contraceptives, the pharmacology of how they work, and what to expect in terms of fertility following their use. I speak for the natural forms of birth control, because I think they are a great gift to women who want a reliable way to plan their families without putting their health at risk! Most people don't even know there are effective ways to do that!

I hang around to answer questions about BC's effect on fertility or just basic Female Plumbing questions.
July 21st, 2009, 04:23 AM
Im AJ and i just found this website this evening! I am so excited to read other people's comments and experiences with various birth contrl options-- I have been dissastisfied with my options for as long as it has mattered!

look forward to reading more as I am trying to make a change away from YAZ--but cant seem to figure out what all the abbreviations are!
September 21st, 2009, 07:32 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I guess I should introduce myself

I am a 23 year old female from Nova Scotia, Canada. I currently have no human children, but do have one fur-baby (an english setter named Rufus).

I live with my boyfriend of 5 years. Since we plan on having children within the next 3-5 years, I thought it might be good to start educating myself now hah.
In the meantime, I will share my knowledge of not getting pregnant, here at the Birthcontrol board!
September 23rd, 2009, 09:58 AM
Hi!! My name is Rachell I am 28 and I have been on birth control since I was 14...I have two kids that are 2 and almost 7...I have come to the conclusion that my b/c pill is making me a crazy psyco person..I was precsribed Ortho-tri cyclen...but for the last 5 months my pharmasicst has switched back and forth between the original and the gernric( tri-sprintec)...when I confronted him and told him that the gerneric is giving me side effects..he said nothing more than they are the same thing...My husband have been having serious issues and are close to splitting up...I am going to stop the pill when this pack is done.. Just wondering if I am really crazy or if anyone else has had similar problems as I am??? This goes beyond just being moody or emotional...Thanks for reading...
~Ray
September 24th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Kari.June's Avatar Regular
Send a message via MSN to Kari.June Send a message via Yahoo to Kari.June
Im Kari im 18.I've never been on birth control but want to start and am curious about what would be the best one.Me and boyfriend have talked about starting a family but not anytime soon
February 6th, 2010, 03:11 PM
blue daisy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I am Karen and we just had out first baby girl a month ago......and are considering this to be our only child. I am looking for info and advice on contraception...foolproof...( i am breastfeeding and will for a while).
looking forward to learning! ;-)
February 14th, 2010, 12:29 AM
AnaLove's Avatar Veteran
Hi everyone! I'm Ana! I'm here from the Nov 2009 playroom! I got my first B/c shot in December and I hate it! Lol. I haven't been on b/c before so I'm just experiencing it!

Rylen Novaleigh born 11/13/2009 6 lbs 15oz 18 inches
April 9th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello everyone! I am Beth (38) and I had my DD in November 2009. I started bc pills this week (after not using bc for 10 years) to see if it will regulate my system. I have only had two episodes of spotting since the PP bleeding ended in December and rather than abstaining for the rest of our lives, DH and I decided that we needed to see if I could get my system back on track (my usual cycle was 28 day cycles, four days of AF) which made figuring out fertility through charting a breeze. DD will be our only bio child due to issues had during delivery so a tubal is a more permanent bc option we are considering in the coming months (once we get insurance)

July 5th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Fiona and from Australia! Love this forum so much, there is too much information!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search