Mirena?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2010, 10:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my dr is trying to talk me into taking the mirena, anyone have it before or now and not like it? anyone have it before or now and like it? I need to decide soon because my insurance will run out after my 6 week checkup which is in 11 days and I Cannot afford to buy it out of pocket. thanks in advance ladies.

April 5th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
I have it and I really like it. Insertion wasn't too bad, I spotted for a few weeks, I didn't have a period for a couple of years but now the past 2 months I've been spotting for a few days once a month. Overall, I really like it. I'd hate to get it and then be with out insurance though, because once you get it if you need/want to get it removed for any reason you'll be paying out of pocket.

April 8th, 2010, 04:25 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't get it just because your doctor is trying to talk you into it. It's your choice, and your body is the one that will have to deal with the risks and side effects.
April 26th, 2010, 06:25 PM
mrschamberlain's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had Mirena for 13 months, and I personally hate it. The cramps I get are severe, my periods start whenever they want, and I bleed for way more than 5-7 days...I can't wait to get mine out.
Angie-wife to Justin, mom to Kaeden, and TTC #2
April 27th, 2010, 08:04 AM
kasie.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to kasie. Send a message via Yahoo to kasie.
Ive had mine close to a year, and I love it.
April 27th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I've heard lots of negative feedback from those with Mirena..personally I chose to get a copper IUD just to stay away from the hormone factor.

I have had my copper IUD for about 2 and a half years and up until the last 6 months I have loved it. Unfortunately, it seems like my body has had enough, and I may need to get it out soon!

April 27th, 2010, 05:21 PM
dettmer26's Avatar I have issues....
Send a message via MSN to dettmer26 Send a message via Yahoo to dettmer26
I have had Mirena almost 3 months. Other than the spotting (which I was told would happen for about 3 months) I am happy with it. The spotting SHOULD calm down and become pretty much nothing after the 3 months. This last period I had has been my heaviest, but wasn't unbearable. I would rather have a normal period with NO spotting in between than to have spotting. We will see how my body normals out. My only other option was a tubal...which still might happen if the mirena doesn't cooperate with me. However, I have actually lost weight on this, and I am not as hormonal on this as i was on the pill. I have VERY little acne issues now too! Good luck in your decision.

::: My Siggies :::PM me with Requests:::

Want a personalized greeting card, invite or announcement? Visit my blog! http://www.dettmerdesigns.blogspot.com
April 27th, 2010, 05:56 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hated it! Got it out after 12 months, wished I would have gotten it out at like before I put it in haha. It was HORRIBLE!

May 20th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I'm on my 7th year (with a 3 months break after the first 5 years) and although I haven't had any problems, I don't get a period (which I don't mind at all) but once in a while I get abdominal pains and maybe once or twice a year, I bleed very (and I mean very, almost spotting really) little. Other than that, I have (obv) not gotten pregnant off it and I LOOOVE it!

<3,
Eva
May 26th, 2010, 11:53 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
I had it for 4 months and hated it! I had HORRIBLE side effects from it. My Dr. said it just depends on your body and how it handles it. I personally would tell you not to just based on my experience with it.

May 30th, 2010, 05:16 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had mine for 3 years, loved every minute of it, no side effects, no period, wouldn't even know I had it. I just had mine taken out to TTC again. I will definately get another one after this baby.
I tried a copper IUD and had such severe cramps that ran all the way down one leg that they would quite literally bring me to my knees whenever and wherever one hit.

June 12th, 2010, 05:18 AM
I just had mine out because it kept giving me reoccurent UTI's but my Doctor said that if you get a UTI once with it and its not treated right away than the only way to clear it is get a new one...So other than that I LOVED it - I had no period, no cramps, didnt even know I had it!
June 15th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had mine for 1.5 years now and I love my Mirena. I had pretty bad cramps for the first 6 months or so during my period time, like early -middle labor cramps. After my body adjusted, I loved it. It is so worth having sex without condoms, not getting preggo, and not worrying about BC. Everybody is different. Insertion was nothing after having a baby. Good luck!

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

July 25th, 2010, 12:19 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
I loved mine I have heard horrible stories about some people. But it was the best thing ever. My doctor was trying to scary me into not getting it put it. He said it would be very painful. But I looked at it this way.. The pain of having a baby is much worse than any cramps plus cheaper. I had a normal period my first month then nothing the next but a lot of spotting the third month I had one then after that very light little spotting ever since. I've had mine in over 16-18 months and will get it again after TTC #3. I never had any kind of issues. Everyone is different and I'm glad I got it.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
July 30th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Super Mommy
I am the same way. I love my Mirena!!I have had it in for about a year now and have had no issues. I spot maybe every couple of months but still go through all the regular hormone changes that we go through.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search