I really think its time...

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2010, 06:14 PM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
for this mirena to go! I still have the cysts which are only getting more painful and I've also developed depression which after reading I think is also because of the mirena. The depression has gotten so bad that I have been having suicidal thoughts almost on a daily basis and its completely ruining my relationship.

So mostly I just want advice on other options of birth control and also how do I go about explaining this and telling them that I need it out? Its easy for me to type out my feelings to strangers but when it comes face to face I get extremely intimidated. I go in on wednesday (may 19th) any advice would be appreciated..

May 17th, 2010, 09:32 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is there someone you can trust to go with you to your appointment? That way if you clam up and have a tough time being honest about your depression, they can explain for you?

Please don't be afraid to talk about this to your doctor! Depression and even severe depression to the point of suicidal thoughts are side effects of the hormones in the Mirena. They are real side effects, you don't have to feel like this!!!

Good luck and keep us posted! Hugs! I'm so sorry you're feeling like this.
May 18th, 2010, 05:46 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good Luck, I didnt have depression with my Mirena but had all the other badside effects there are and the doc told me it wasnt from the mirena so he basically told me I was crazy, so I said whatever I want it OUT NOW! I hope you can get it out and start feeling better! Hugs

May 18th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
Yea I'm hoping my husband will come with me.. he has seen a lot of my crazyness the last few months and I have told him that I want it out because of the cysts but tonight I am going to tell him I want it out not only cause of the cysts but because I dont want to feel this way for the next 4 1/2 years and that this is a side effect from the mirena then I'm pretty sure he will be all for it too cause I have just been a horrible miserable person these last few months.

May 18th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I'm glad you have someone! Does he know about the depression and suicidal thoughts?
May 18th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Yea...

May 18th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Ok good. I hope you're able to get into your doctor as soon as possible.
May 18th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Well I already have an appointment for tomorrow at 3:00 so I figure we can discuss it then.

It is supposed to be to check the cysts.

May 18th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Remember that it's your body. Nobody can make you leave it in if you want to be free of these side effects. Let us know how things go tomorrow!
May 19th, 2010, 02:41 PM
DH didnt end up getting out of work in time to come.. the cyst on my left ovary is gone but I am now developing one on my right ovary she isn't concerned about it though as she thinks its just because I'm starting to ovulate.. she told me she doesnt think depression is a side effect from mirena so she prescribed me an anti depressant.. so mirena is still in tact.. at least for another 6 weeks until I have to go back again.

May 19th, 2010, 03:16 PM
How are you feeling about it still being in?

I'm surprised she would decide that depression is not a side effect when manufacturer lists it with the pharmaceutical information. I hope you'll start to feel better soon!
May 20th, 2010, 08:06 AM
idk.. if I went in with a plan it might have been different but all birth control seems to have crappy side effects so I guess I have to choose my battles..

May 20th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Yeah, that makes sense. Have you heard of modern Natural Family Planning methods? They are 99%, but no drugs - so no side effects at all.
May 20th, 2010, 09:03 AM
I have. It seems like a lot of work though.

May 20th, 2010, 09:19 AM
As long as you've heard about it! It's not a lot of work, just takes some effort at the beginning to learn it well. Then it's second nature, takes less time every day than brushing my teeth.
July 1st, 2010, 07:52 PM
BrandeeandAurora
no matter what I LOVE YOU MANDA!
July 6th, 2010, 09:04 AM
jessi0887's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that this post is outdated. Not sure if your still struggling. I just joined this forum a week ago. I had the mirena IUD back in 2007. I had it placed five weeks after my son was born. My period went away and I had no worries. Well it didn't take long to realize some side effects i was getting. FIrst got depression. They thought it was postpartum so did i. But now looking back i know it was from that IUD cause as soon as it was removed I returned to my normal happy self. Anyways after a few weeks of having it I also started experiences a lot of pelvic pain. It was unbearable. I couldn't walk. I cried alot. I had lost of appetite and had a hard time coping with being a new mom and new housewife. So after only having the IUD in three months and the doctor telling me everything was normal I demanded they remove it. I just couldn't risk my health and my family life was real important to me. The thing is though you don't have to give the doctor an explanation just tell them you want it out and leave it at that. Otherwise yes they will try to talk you out of it. Also they put me on antidepressant as well and they dont work. So its whatever you think is best for you and your health.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search