Sugar Pill Question

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2010, 11:43 AM
ProudMomof2Boys416's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ProudMomof2Boys416 Send a message via Yahoo to ProudMomof2Boys416
I have a question about my birth control and was wondering if anybody could help me out. I can't find any info online about my question so I thought I would come here .

Do you have to take ALL 7 sugar pills in your pack? or can you take say 3 or 4 and start the active pills back up again?.

I've read that you can take all 7 sugar pills or you can just skip all the sugar pills together and start a new pack right away....but my question is can you take only a couple sugar pills so you can have a normal withdrawal bleed and then start the active ones back up so you don't have to have a 7 day long period. I know Yaz only has 4 sugar pills but it also gives you an extra 3 active pills....so I'm not sure. At one time....when I first started taking my birth control 4 months ago....I talked to a nurse about a few things (not this question) and she told me all I had to take was 3 sugar pills at the most and then I could start my active pills back up again. However, when it came time to take my sugar pills, I called my doctors office back up to talk to a nurse to make sure the info I was given was correct. The second nurse I talked to said that info was completely incorrect and I needed to take all 7 sugar pills. Needless to say I was and am very confused. I don't know what to think. I have 1 nurse telling me one thing and another nurse telling me another.

If anybody can help me out with this question, it would be greatly appreciated!

(I am currently on the birth control "Ocella" (the generic of Yasmin). It has 21 active pills and 7 sugar pills in each pack)

Aiden John
January 4, 2007
12:05pm
8lbs 11oz 21.25 Inches
Caleb Michael
February 16, 2009
10:31am
9lbs 5oz 21 Inches

June 21st, 2010, 09:51 AM
THE angry uterus
I would think you could take 3-4 of them then start a new pack, especailly since you can go right from active pills to continuing your active pills. Your insurance might not pay for it though, and it might not stop the seven days of bleeding...
July 28th, 2010, 12:12 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was on it my doctor told me i didn't have to take any of them. I took an active pill every day. Didn't have a period for prob 2 years.
July 29th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know about skipping the sugar pills altogether.. but I don't see a problem with skipping a FEW.. BUT if you take only 4 of the sugar pills once cycle, you should not take MORE than that the next cycle.. by way of example if you decide to only take 4 sugar pills in August, don't go on to take 6 in September because that's essentially like missing a pill and could cause an oopsie.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

August 1st, 2010, 04:17 AM
pinkroses's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateandjenny View Post
When I was on it my doctor told me i didn't have to take any of them. I took an active pill every day. Didn't have a period for prob 2 years.
This was also suggested to me by my dr but I never tried it because the pill makes me deathly ill so I had to stop taking them within the first week of starting them

Last edited by pinkroses; August 1st, 2010 at 04:20 AM.
August 21st, 2010, 05:06 PM
dismalgrin's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to dismalgrin Send a message via Yahoo to dismalgrin
I have never taken the sugar pills. Never really saw the point I always remembered to start them back up in time. That is really all they are there for. To remind you to keep taking them some ladies will lose track without them. You can also set your cell phone to alarm on the day you need to start back up again if you don't want to think about it.

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search