hard to find strings..

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2010, 10:26 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
Okay so tonight I was checking for my strings because I have had some pain on my left side. I was thinking where my ovary was. anyways so I was checking and couldnt find them. Of corse I freaked out and looked up on the internet, it says call your dr immediately... well um it was 12am on a saturday night so... So i get in the bath and check again. dig around until I can find what I think is a string. IDK its hard but is up in my cervix a bit and not hanging out. Sorry for tmi! I had to kind of bare down to find that. And when I tried to move it a bit to see if maybe the string was just hung up or something it caused a sharp pain where the pain has been. not like a horrible pain, but like a pin prick.... Normally my strings hang out anywhere from about a .25-.5 in so for them to be up in the cervix doesnt sound good... what does everyone think? I'm planning on calling a dr on monday morning. i dont actually have a dr yet because we moved so I'm hoping I can find someone. Anyone ever experience this??

June 20th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Hi!

I used to have a lot of ovary pain during ovulation on my right side! It's possible that is what you're feeling, but if the pain is new, I would really consider seeing the doctor for a check-up.

In regards to the short strings, again, I'd see the doctor just to be sure, but I know in my case, depending on what time of my cycle it was, I could either find my stings very very easily, or sometimes I wouldn't even be able to reach them to feel them.

Since your cervix moves up and down during your cycle, this might be why you can't feel them right now.

Good luck!

June 20th, 2010, 12:52 PM
yeah see thats the think, I have noticed the difference during my cycle before, but I have always had no problem feeling them- the length would just vary. I'm going to check again tonight in the bath. I used to have ovulation pain too but it would last a day or maybe just a few hours. This has been going on for over a week now.

June 21st, 2010, 09:38 AM
Pain lasting over a week would be a concern. I would definately see a doctor soon if you can, just to rule out anything problematic.

Best of luck, and keep us posted!

June 23rd, 2010, 10:12 AM
The iud is in place, but I have a kinda large cyst on my left ovary thats causing the pain.... boo-lol

June 23rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
Oh no! I am sorry to hear about the cyst.

I actually have been waiting to hear about the results of an ultrasound I had to diagnose whether my pain on my right side was due to a cyst or not!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

June 24th, 2010, 09:14 PM
ugh!! Mine actually stopped hurting, makes me wonder whether it popped and is going down or if I had two and one popped... It was 3x4cm. I'm supposed to make an appt in a month to have it rechecked. I'm going to call a different dr though and have them check it. This lady was nice, but she doesnt put in iuds because of religious beliefs so she really didnt know much about them... I asked her if the iud caused it, she said no, like why would it do that?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search