break through bleeding or implantation?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2010, 10:40 AM
RockinAsh's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay ladies-

I started birth control for the first time ever on June 9...which was the first day of my period. Before, DH and I have been using the NFP method, which had been working for us...I just wanted something more definite, since we do not plan to conceive anytime soon.

I take the pill everynight at the same time.

I'm aware of ovulation signs and symptoms and I actually had them beginning last Monday which would have been the day before ovulation...
I had increased CM (never got to ewcm) and felt what I thought to be ovulation. mettle something or another. DH and I DTD around this time.

Starting 2 days ago I have been having mild cramping and this morning I spotted brownish blood. It is gone now.
I am 6dpo, if i ovulated....

My question is...
Could this be breakthrough bleeding? Which, I read is common when first beginning the pill.
Or, could this be implantation bleeding? Since I had all of the symptoms of ovulation.

Also- if this is implantation bleeding, if I stop the use of the pills now...will my uterine wall be thick enough support an implanted fertilized egg?

...so many questions...

I totally have a guilt-complex about taking BCP's...
so, maybe this is me overanalyzing every little sign/symptom.
June 28th, 2010, 12:50 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Double check the information that came with your prescription, some BCP's are not effective the first month. It takes some time for the synthetic hormones to build up in your body.

It could be breakthrough bleeding or implantation bleeding, there's no way to really know. Either one is a reasonable possibility. It's not unusual to ovulate on the BCP, which is why it's designed to keep the lining of the uterus thin to prevent implantation. Because it's only the first month though, the lining might still be thick enough for pregnancy to continue if conception occurred.

All you can really do is wait and see. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
June 28th, 2010, 01:05 PM
You were completely helpful.

DH and I have decided to stop the BCP's, just incase it was implantation bleeding.

I see that you are a NFP instructor. Do you have any references that could be helpful to us... Or, any information on where we could find a NFP instructor in Texas?

Thanks, again.
June 28th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Sure, what type of NFP were you interested in? There are lots of instructors in Texas, from several different kinds of NFP!
June 29th, 2010, 05:37 AM
I'm not sure. We would be actively TTA.
So--whichever NFP method could achieve that....

Before, I have just temped and avoided dtd a few days before and after O.
June 30th, 2010, 08:09 PM
There are several different types of NFP, all can be used to avoid pregnancy effectively. It's important to learn one method very well and then follow it. Hop on over to the NFP/FAM board and read through the FAQ sticky for some more information about the different kinds!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search