Quick facts about BCP that every woman should know.

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is specificlly for the BCP however almost all forms of contraception can do a form of step three...

Birth Control Pill

1) prevents ovulation (we all already knew that right?)
2) inhibits sperm from travelling to that breakthrough ovulation (which we all know can happen right?)
3) thins the uterine lining making it very hard for an ALREADY FERTILIZED egg to implant and thus the newly conceived baby can starve to death.

I don't know how many women are aware that this is the way ALL birth control pills work. I read a statistic that about once every two years it's estimated that the pill will fail enough so that step 3 takes the life of a new baby.

A quick way to do reasearch on this if you don't beleive me is google this and TONNES of info will come up on this as a start.
July 16th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Yes... the pill prevents implantation of a fertilized egg (by thinning the uterus), should it fail in preventing ovulation and fertilization.

I don't have any moral issues with that... but some might, so it's information that should be known before going on hormonal birth control.

July 17th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd also like to add that with point 2), it can have long lasting effects. That is, BCP might permanently damage the cells that produce fertile cervical mucous, so that after you go off BCP, you might not get that fertile mucous when you decide it's time for a family. There are ways to get around (like pre-seed, which fertility friendly lube), but still, thought I'd throw that out there..

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search