question about missing pills

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2010, 10:11 AM
bbduck8's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to bbduck8 Send a message via Yahoo to bbduck8
Hey ladies!

Just have a quick question for you all. I started a new pack on Aug 1st, took a few days of pills, somehow lost my pack so I think I missed 3 days of pills. And then 4 or 5 days later missed 1 more (I know I'm terrible)! DH and I did DTD during those times.

So, my question is, can missing those pills cause ovulation that soon after a period? I ask because I'm def having preggo symptoms and am trying to figure out when the soonest I could test is. If this should be in AIP, sorry!

TIA, megan

June '08 - Miscarriage @ 9 weeks
Feb. 17 '09 - Chemical
August 15th, 2010, 05:46 PM
bbduck8's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to bbduck8 Send a message via Yahoo to bbduck8
Anyone?

June '08 - Miscarriage @ 9 weeks
Feb. 17 '09 - Chemical
August 18th, 2010, 06:25 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
If you just started them on the 1st and missed some so quickly after, then they aren't very effective. I don't remember the exact time amount, but you have to give it some time to build up in your system before you rely on the pill 100%. Also, just missing one pill can cause you to ovulate - From what I've heard and read. Ovulation during your cycle does vary from person to person, and sometimes from cycle to cycle.
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

August 20th, 2010, 10:35 AM
MommiNikki's Avatar Divalicious Mommi
Ovulation is different in every woman. If you have a normal period it's almost safe to assume you may ovulate in 4-6 dyas of missed pills... It usually takes a full week of continuously taking the pills- ideally at the same time everyday before it's at a good effectiveness rate. Missing them will increase your chances of becoming preggos... If you're trying to prevent it I would continue the pack as you may have been but use a backup method of prevention at least for a full week of UN-missed pills before assuming it's safe to not use any.
August 20th, 2010, 12:15 PM
dismalgrin's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to dismalgrin Send a message via Yahoo to dismalgrin
If you are on the pill you are still ovulating like normal the pill just gives you hormones to keep implantion from happening. So, no matter how long you are on the pill you HAVE to take it at the same time every single day or else you risk it not working. So, take yourself a pregnancy test dear it is very possible you are.

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter</div>
August 21st, 2010, 02:47 AM
tasheroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is possible that you could be pregnant. My story ending in a healthy baby boy: I was on Nuva Ring last year, switched to the pill in Sept. 2009...missed a weeks worth of pills due to being out of town the week right after my period. I started my pack when I returned home, ovulated the week returning home. I was waiting to start my new pill pack at the end of October. I assumed my cycle may be slightly off from switching birth control methods. When my period was a week late I tested so I could start my new pack and not screw up my cycle too much. I got a BFP before I was done peeing on the stick... Even after being on birth control for months...I became pregnant after missing a few pills.

You should test probably about 3-4 weeks after you think conception occurred. I usually wait until 1 week after my missed period to test though.

August 21st, 2010, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first I had forgot to take a couple pills and quickly became preggo. Its def possible! My friend got preggo this way too. IDK with me if I miss a pill now I bleed!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search