I hate my BC!

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2010, 12:51 PM
dismalgrin's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to dismalgrin Send a message via Yahoo to dismalgrin
I hate my bc... I probably only liked it for the first few months, then my hair started to fall out! Then my periods started heavy... then they stopped. Now it's moved in my arm and feels bent! Argggg. I'm on implenon and I HATE it. It makes me feel pregnant all the time with nothing to show for it and I am so fed up. But, my bf doesn't think any other bc is nearly as accurate and he and his family is convinced I should stay on it. I don't want to have to supplement with condoms. But, I might be forced to if he doesn't trust my bc of choice. What should I do?

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter</div>
September 14th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
First of all, it's YOUR body. You are the one who is gong through all of this. If he had to go through all of those nasty side-effects, he'd be off the bc in a second!

There are many other options that are VERY effective!

Have you considered an IUD? I had a copper IUD and I really liked it for about two years. It can make your periods heavier after a couple years due to the copper breaking down, but I liked it a lot before I started to have problems.

I know a lot of people don't go for it, but I am on the FAM (Fertility Awareness Method) of contraception. I track my cycles by temperature and cervicle mucus. On my days when I am fertile, I avoid sex or use condoms.

Good luck! There are many options out there!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

September 14th, 2010, 04:42 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nobody should try to convince you to do anything that you are not comfortable with. The side effects are real and the health risks are real too. Why do you have to endure all that when there are other options without risks or side effects?

We use the Billings Method because it's 99% effective and there are absolutely no side effects or risks. I'm OK with that.
September 15th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Seanaci's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Seanaci Send a message via MSN to Seanaci
Totally your choice. Its your body...and your BF only knows that it's a great form of BC based on his families opinion.

I say if you want to switch to the pill/patch/IUD/etc, go for it. If your BF really cares about you NOT getting pregnant and you being comfortable with taking BC, then he'll support you in your decision.

DH and I have been using just condoms the last year and a half...and after a couple of condom slips, he was all for me going back on BC. I really didn't want to (I hate the side effects). However, after another handful of condom slips and having to fork over $40+ for plan B a couple times, I decided on my own to get back on the pill. My husband supports me 100%.

Good luck hon!
October 31st, 2010, 12:36 AM
dismalgrin's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to dismalgrin Send a message via Yahoo to dismalgrin
Thank you for the advice everyone. I can't do IUD because I have had cervical cancer and the doctor was afraid it would make it come back. So, I have thought about it and decided to go on the shot at first when I get the implanon out. It's similar to what I have in that it is the same hormone and that I won't have to remember to take it every day. If that is still not working after a couple of months trial period I'm switching to the pill.

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search