Just had Mirena removed - have some ??'s

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Hi everyone! I just had my Mirena IUD removed on the 19th so hubby and I can TTC. I loved having my IUD in, had almost no problems with it at all. Since having it out though, I am wondering how quickly my body should cycle normally? I started my period 3 days after removal. Is this in the normal realm? I can't believe that my body would cycle so soon after removal.

Thanks
February 6th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I was about to come on here and ask somewhat the same question. I just got mine out on the 2nd of February and started my first AF on the 5th (3 days later). I haven't had a period in almost 2 years since I got my IUD put in; also experienced no problems with it. Got it removed because my husband and I are planning to TTC.

I'm also concerned however about the clots I've been passing, they are about the size of half a quarter. I've never passed clots that big before besides right after I had my children, so this just doesn't makes sense to me.

I definitely didn't think my cycle would start so soon after removal. I'm thinking it might just be something like my body trying to clean itself out after not doing it for so long.

Did you have your period when you had your IUD in? How long did you have it in for?

Scarlett Diane

February 6th, 2011, 08:10 PM
soon to be mommy of four!
HI, I had a mirena in for five years, and got it out in Oct 2008, had a period the very next week (and I had been period free for five years with it), and got pregnant the next month in Nov 2008, first month trying. Unfortunately, I had a mc, and then got pregnant again right after.
If you are ttc, I would wait a couple cycles, as it can cause mc's. Happened to me and a few others I know, and my dr told me *after* I conceived right away that it can cause mc if you get pregnant right away afterwards, especially if u had it for years, and you never had a period while on it.
son, born Oct. 2, 2009
and expecting baby #4: 10/10/2011!!

one angel baby

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 7th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I'd read about waiting a couple of cycles before trying to get pregnant because of an increased risk of miscarriage, that's why I got mine out in February, we aren't planning to TTC until April/May. But my OB tried to tell me that we could start trying immediately, I'll take his advice with a grain of salt since I'm pretty sure I don't want lose a baby I want, it would devestate me most likely.

Scarlett Diane

March 23rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
Super Mommy
After I had my first Mirena removed I started bleeding within a few days. It was heavy and I was passing a lot of clots...large clots. I called my doctor at least 3 times because of the clots and the fact that it lasted for close to 3 weeks. My OB/GYN said that can happen after having the Mirena removed. After that, my cycle went back to normal for the most part.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
June 16th, 2011, 07:48 PM
.Katie.
I'm getting my mirena removed on the 28th and I am glad I read this. I have also been advised that we can get pregnant right away with no problems.
June 26th, 2011, 03:13 PM
east to west coast's Avatar ~Melissa~
I had my Mirena IUD for almost 4 years and had it removed Nov. 29, 2010. I had light spotting for about a week after and then had my first (and very normal in terms of duration and such) period beginning on December 28th. We conceived sometime around January 10th and I'm due on October 3rd

I was never warned by my dr. to wait a couple cycles until we started TTC, so we didn't. I read about this here and there online shortly after I got pregnant and it scared the crap out of me. I was convinced that I was going to have a miscarriage during my first trimester, but I never had any problems.

I'm almost definitely going to get another Mirena after I have this baby.

Thank you, MommaDucks, for my lovely siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search