Just DONE with BCPs

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2011, 11:25 AM
CandiceN's Avatar Sam & Alex's mommy!
Yet another month where I'm perfectly happy and content and nice and relaxed the week of my placebo pills and then immediately morph into mrs. B*tchy pants when I start my new pack. And this month I freaked myself out that I was preggo because I had only a spotting period on the new pill, barely any flow.

It's obvious that my body just does not react well to the hormones. I have no idea where to go from here, but at the very least I'm taking a break from the pill and going to barriers for a few months.

Why can't there be an easier way? I won't do NFP because I tend to obsess and it will be just too much for me. I know myself, and my cycles are not regular enough for me to be comfortable with that method. The Paragard IUD would cost me $500, but it might be the only feasible option at this point. Grrr!

Does anyone know --- I took ONE pill of the new pack. I should be fine to just stop taking it now, right? I can't imagine one pill would mess up my cycle at this point???

My boys are my life.

Last edited by CandiceN; March 7th, 2011 at 01:36 PM.
March 7th, 2011, 05:21 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The Pill just gives you a steady dose of hormones (except during the placebo week), so it doesn't matter when you stop. Your body will have to go through the same transition to recover from the synthetic hormones whether you stop now or wait until the next withdrawal bleed.

Keep us posted on what you decide. I hear ya on the irregular cycles! Annoying! NFP accounts for that though. The old calender or rhythm type methods don't though.

Last edited by ShawnaCAN; March 7th, 2011 at 05:28 PM.
March 7th, 2011, 06:38 PM
CandiceN's Avatar Sam & Alex's mommy!
Thanks for the reply I am going to have a lot of thinking to do!!

My boys are my life.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search