Best Birth Control option?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2011, 10:10 PM
CountryGirl1982's Avatar Loving my son!
I just had my son 4 weeks ago and at my 6 week check we will be talking about Birth COntrol.
I dont want anything thats going to make me gain weight, what do you suggest I do?
Condoms do not work, thats how I have my son, lol.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy

March 21st, 2011, 07:36 AM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no weight gain on Implanon for me, especially since I am nausious almost every day.
March 21st, 2011, 07:00 PM
CountryGirl1982's Avatar Loving my son!
so it makes you really sick?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy

May 17th, 2011, 03:23 PM
mticknor's Avatar Veteran
I am iffy on hormonal methods as well due to weight gain, mood swings, etc. So I'm thinking barrier methods might be your best bet. If you don't like condoms have you ever thought about the Diaphragmn?
May 17th, 2011, 05:06 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All hormonal methods carry the possibility of weight gain, though not everyone experiences that particular side effect.

Modern Natural Family Planning methods work post partum. The effectiveness is 96-99% without drugs. But you would need to take a class to learn how it all works.
May 24th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I was about to post the same question. Mirena scares me and I don't want to take a pill that I may forget or that will dry my milk up.
July 29th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Veteran
The "best" BC is different from each person. I was on the pill, but I engaged in heavy drinking these past two months and I forgot to take my medication. I ended up pregnant. The pill, though it may be 99% effective, was not the right birth control method for me.

Planned Parenthood has a good quiz that might help you in deciding what method works best for you.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/al...thod-26542.htm

Here is also their list on effectiveness of each kind.

Birth Control Chart
September 17th, 2011, 08:28 AM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm BFing and I just started Camila(mini-pill). So far I'm still loosing weight and I am sensitive to BC's. The only one I ever liked was the ring, but I can't use it while BFing cause of the estrogen. Have you considered the mini-pill? Really, that, the shot and an IUD are the only estrogen free BC's.

September 22nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
Veteran
pills..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search