Paragard put in yesterday *Update* One month

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2011, 07:19 PM
Veteran
So I had the Paragard placed yesterday and it didn't hurt much at all. I can tell that it's in there and I hope that sensation will decrease over time. I had some mild cramping last night which resolved by this morning. Fingers crossed that it'll be a good fit for me.. pun intended.

Update: First period on Paragard = light bleeding x 2 days and extremely heavy bleeding x 3 days. (Having to change a super tampon every few hours and sometimes sooner)

This is the first issue I've had with the Paragard and the website says to expect this for the first few months and then it should improve. We shall see. Insurance didn't cover the cost and it was $800. I'm really hoping this bleeding subsides.

Hopefully this information will help any of you if you're considering the Paragard.

Last edited by linzi2000; April 20th, 2011 at 04:11 AM.
September 26th, 2011, 06:48 PM
GoldenTickets's Avatar Super Mommy
Are you still on the Paragard? How is it working for you?

E: 8/18/11
September 27th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It took about 3 months then my periods bc more regular.
Not to scare u but I had it in for 2 years and got pregnant... Here I am 20 weeks with my iud baby due iny february

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
September 28th, 2011, 08:23 AM
*Mrs.ToyaJae*'s Avatar Super Mommy
Well this is my second paragard iud....after my first son I had one inserted and it was a horrible experience but after having one inserted this time after my second son I'm having no problems I haven't had a period yet so I can't speak on that....I go oct. 4th to get it checked to make sure its still placed so iguess its working out this time. Hopefully ur periods regulate too...

My. Two. FAVORITE. Little. Men.

October 7th, 2011, 07:24 PM
GoldenTickets's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad to hear that your periods regulated donise, and that your second time around seems to be working well Toya! I am going to get the Paragard as soon as I start my first period. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I got pregnant on the Paragard, I just want a birth control that's non-hormonal. my out of pocket is $175, and we're planning on waiting at least a couple years before trying for kids again so the money is worth it to me. Hormones did weird things to me when I took birth control. We used condoms for a few years (as a married couple!) and I honestly don't want to use condoms anymore! No fun! Hopefully I handle the paragard well.

E: 8/18/11
October 9th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I had an appointment on the 3rd to get my paragard checked to make sure it was still in place and my ob found that it was partially expelled so it was removed. =( I am scheduled to have another one placed in about six weeks....I'm not sure if I want to try again as it will be my third one. =(

October 9th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no scary I dont think I could try a 3rd time with it good luck & let us know how it goes

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
October 10th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I'm still leaning more towards not getting it. I mean its obviously not the right birth control for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search