Mid cycle spotting??

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies, I've never posted in here, but I don't really know who to ask about this. I had a baby in Oct. of last year and finally got BC in April and May. My cycles have always been regular, even while I was on BC. So, I went on the nuva ring at the beginning of April, followed the instructions, and put another in in the beginning of May. I took it out at the end of May...the 24th, got AF 5 days later on the 29th. I decided to not put in another ring afterwards because it made my period last for 8 days, I was always tired and I completely lost my sex drive. So, then today I used the bathroom and when I wiped there was bright red mixed in with my CM. Not just a few drops, but more than enough to be noticed without there being flow, if that makes sense. I'm only on CD20. I took a preg test this afternoon and it was a BFN. I'm still having the spotting when a wipe and a little bit on a liner. I don't know if this could be from coming off of the BC? Or if I'm ovulating late and it could be spotting from Oing?? I'm really hoping it's not the latter since DH and I DTD last night and the night before and we are so not ready for #3 just yet! Oh those heat of the moment moments! lol. At least my drive is back now though.

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
June 18th, 2011, 08:28 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanaIris View Post
I don't know if this could be from coming off of the BC? Or if I'm ovulating late and it could be spotting from Oing??
It could easily be either one. Your body has to work hard to figure itself out after the hormones from the ring, that takes some adjusting. But anytime cervical mucus and/or spotting is present, consider yourself fertile while it's present and for 3 days after it stops.
June 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, it has turned in what seems like AF now, so I doubt it was from ovulation. I have no idea what's going on. =/ Thank you for your advice though!

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
June 18th, 2011, 02:52 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ovulation bleeding can be heavy enough to mistake for a regular period actually! But it could also be a withdrawal bleed, from all the synthetic hormones trying to leave your system.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search