What should I use?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2011, 10:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What should I do for birth control? Here is my situation.

I don't want to do NFP or anything like it, because I hate charting. I did it for years whilst TTC. Nor do I think it is effective for me, because Peter nurses ever 2 hours so I never get 3 hours of undisturbed sleep...

No condoms because they are uncomfortable and not very eco-friendly....

I can't take the pill because I take antibiotics every time we DTD since I am prone to UTIs.

Diaprams and sponges are out because you have to leave them in for 6 hours afterwards and that is super yucky IMO.

I am not interested in Paraguard because I am not ok with increased bleeding.

No depo-provera either. My SIL took it after she had her son. Her milk dried up and she has been dealing with secondary infertility since then (12 years) and I am not willing to risk those symptoms...

So that leaves me with spermicide, which isn't hugely effective on it's own. Mirena, but my DH can feel the strings ( I had it before). Or Implanon, which I don't know a whole lot about.

What do you think ladies?

July 24th, 2011, 01:51 PM
mommy2aidenjames's Avatar Veteran
well i like the mirena cause i don't think my hubby can feel the strings. but idk alot about implanon. i was going to get that put in until i found out that nobody in tucson will do it. i never really researched it so thats probably your best bet. i've heard good things and bad things about it though.

~*~Jessica, 22~*~
Mommy to Aiden 1.11.10 && Amaya 3.7.11
Married to my wonderful hubby Josh since 12.17.08
July 24th, 2011, 04:48 PM
*Mrs.ToyaJae*'s Avatar Super Mommy
I've only heard bad things about Implanon and I know a lot of doctors and offices don't insert. It's the same drug as the Depo shot so I don't know if you want to mess with that either. Depo is bad simply for the fact that it was once used as a horse steriod then for men in jail that wanted to be castrated. I did my research on it after I was having all these weird symptoms from it last year. Everyone was encouraging me to get on it. I lost a huge amount of hair, cramped serverly had huge amounts of white puss coming from my cervix and ontop of that I BLED THE ENTIRE three months I was on it. I took the first shot and that was it NEVER again...so I understand why u wouldn't want that. And I had the Paragard IUD and my hubby felt the strings as well and it was very uncomfortable during sex as well...so I don't know what to tell you hun. Hope you find something soon.

My. Two. FAVORITE. Little. Men.

July 24th, 2011, 10:55 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are several methods of NFP. Not all require temping. Some require CM charting only (but in more detail than necessary for TTC) and there's even the Marquette Model of NFP, which uses the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor. The effectiveness rates are higher with a clinically verified form of NFP than spermicide.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search