long term birthcontrol?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2011, 03:58 PM
lyndileigh's Avatar Regular
Has anyone tried the implanon? My 6 week appt. is coming up soon & i have NO clue what im gonna do about birtbcontrol. I have three girls age 3, 17 months & a newborn so i need something long term. My hubby was gonna get a vasectomy but we might try for one more in a few years. We aren't 100% sure we are done. I've tried Mirena & had a horrible experience. My body rejected it & it gave me a very bad pelvic infection. I've tried nuva ring & bc pills to. An ofcourse the withdrawl method DOES NOT work for us because that's how #3 got here. Any ideas on effective long term bc?

August 1st, 2011, 08:26 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The Implanon contains hormones, so if you've had any adverse reactions or unpleasant side effects with other types of hormonal BC - there's a good chance you will with that too. If you do experience problems, you'll have to go get it removed rather than having the freedom to just stop using it on your own.

Modern forms of Natural Family Planning and Fertility Awareness are highly effective, but without any of the side effects or risks of hormones. It's important to take a class to learn how it all works though.
August 1st, 2011, 12:45 PM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do have the implanon and so far love it. So far this is the best birth control that I have used. Let me know if you having any questions.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

August 1st, 2011, 04:04 PM
lyndileigh's Avatar Regular
idk if i have enough discipline to try NFP i really don't need another unplanned pregnancy. my last two were surprises to say the least lol did you have any side effects from it?

August 4th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie! View Post
I do have the implanon and so far love it. So far this is the best birth control that I have used. Let me know if you having any questions.
isn't there any side effects or something?
August 8th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Never heard of that one.
I just got pg on iud paraguard its non hormonal but wouldnt recommend it.
After this baby I'm getting tubes tied.
Hope u find something that works for you

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 11th, 2011, 02:10 PM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rena.alam View Post
isn't there any side effects or something?
Every birthcontrol have side effects but everyone reacts differently. My period is very light when I have one. Its spots for a week and that is it. I have no other issues with it. But everyone bodies react differently.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

September 30th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Thanks lyndileigh, I am suffering from same situations and, Through you I have also got some of solutions.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search