2 week period on BC?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Super Mommy
I had my baby 3 months ago and didnt wait for me first period to start them. 1 1/2 weeks into the pack, i started to bleed. Ive never taken this pill before and thought it was due to it not being strong enough, so I switched to the pill I use to be on.
The bleeding is heavy during the morning and as the day goes on it gets lighter till it almost stops at nite.
Im on day 4 of the old pill. If it was due to the other pill not being strong enough how long will it take for this new one to kick in and stop the bleeding?

The old pill is Natazia and the new pill was Ortho cyclen 28.

September 27th, 2011, 07:14 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Irregular bleeding is a common side effect of the Pill, no matter which type it is - but the switching around confuses your body too. It's already doing a lot of work with the hormonal adjustments that come with being post partum, then on top of that adjusting to two different variations of synthetic hormones. There's no way to predict how long it will take for the bleeding to stop, sorry! All you can really do is wait and see.
September 27th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks. i did call my OB last week and she said it would last a few weeks..maybe 3 weeks. Well, I called again becasue now my lower back hurts and im cramping more. She said its Post Partum bleeding and could last up to 3 months. I didnt have a period after our son was born, other than the typical after birth bleeding, which only lasted 3 weeks. I started the pill Sept, 1st, due to the fact I didnt want to chance it. If Im not mistaken they also say it takes 3 months for your body to adjust to the pill. I think since I just had a baby 3 months ago, and have only been on the pill a month, it has all caught up to me lol. At least its only heavy in the morning. I cant sit up fast, if i do, it kind of one of those, roll off my back straight to my feet so im not sitting up fully and dart to the potty lol. Then I end up passing clots the size of quarters. After that its heavy for a few hours then its slow and light.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search