Hoping For Some Insight possibly..

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Hello..

I've been reading on the internet lately (this is one of the sites that I have mostly been lurking on). I do have one child who will be 2 shortly here, since she was born I had been on Mononessa 28 but honestly, the pill made me very snappy/moody (which I hated!) and made me gain quite a bit of weight..even my sex drive went out the window (but that doesnt mean my fiance's did LOL) but I still continued to take them til atleast the perscription ran out. Which it now has as of this Month.
Although, about a few weeks ago I was very sick (coughing to the point I was throwing up and at all hours of the day) was very tired and slept it.. so towards the end of my last pack of pills because busy schedule with the lil one and trying to get as much rest in, I had missed 5 in the last week of active pills. Am I sexually active, very much so indeed. This is where it gets interesting though...
I have read that when one stops taking the pill they start to bleed, I have actually read as soon as one missing two pills they begin to experience bleeding. Honestly, I was wondering a bit for awhile if I was pregnant again (as I had stated before, although my sex drive went way down lol its not like my fiance' and I didnt have sex, just took alot more ...work to get me to where I needed to be LOL). Well, back on track, I had missed 5 pills while I was having this sickness, and I didnt start bleeding til the 5th pill was missed (actually my "period" arrived 4 days early which was unsual and only last about 4 days maybe 5 but barely there, was only kinda heavy the first two days, usually my period is a very heavy 5-7 days even on BCP).
I did take pregnancy tests, which were negative, the last one I just for the heck of it although I was bleeding-negative I believe, there was a thin pink line where there would be a line for positive but im thinking it was an evap line. Was way to thin of a line to pass as a positive in my book and well...I was bleeding.
So anyway, now off the BCP.. Ended my "Period" on the 11th Sex Drive is back..in a better mood too...except.. ive been a bit crampy lately, Im not sure why ..doesnt so much feel like period cramps.. I get horrible cramps with my periods. Just different. Not Strong enough cramps to be period cramps.
Here is my question..1) Is there a possibility that the bleeding I experience was just from the pill.. and maybe there is a chance I could be pregnant? Not an actual period, in all reality? I have not taken a pregnancy test the Day my period was actually Due.
Second Question...2)How soon can one ovulate when going off the pill? I ask for the fact maybe the cramping is ovulation? Im just really confused because I just "ended" my period recently, Im only on CD 10 now. Is that even possible? Could it be because of the BCP that I could ovulate so early if it was a real period? Which in the end pregnancy will pop in my head for this month *giggles* because my Fiance' and I still have been having sex--before you scold..really I wouldnt mind another child, just we would rather not be officially TTC thats too much stress really.. our daughter was NPNT and she is a blessing. If it happens it was meant to be in our eyes.
So I know no body can give me real "solid" answers I ..everyones bodies are different etc..but just some insight, any information you know would be greatly appreciated and I would be very much greatful!
Thank you for your time! Sorry so Long!!

Take Care!
October 17th, 2011, 07:57 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Because of the thin pink line, I would test again just to be extra sure. Whenever a healthy man and woman are having sex, there's always a chance of pregnancy. No method of birth control is 100%, even when used perfectly.

To answer your questions:

1. The only way to determine if a bleed is a true period is by charting. If you ovulate first, then bleed about 2 weeks later - it's a period. If there's no ovulation first, it's another kind of bleeding. There's a very good chance the bleeding you experienced was from the hormonal ups and downs of being on the BCP, then off the BCP.

2. There's no way to predict how soon you'll ovulate off the BCP, because you can still ovulate on the BCP too. The BCP keeps the lining of your uterus thin so the pregnancy can't continue if you do conceive. It's possible to ovulate as early as CD5, or anytime after that.

Sorry I couldn't be more help! Only time will tell. You can get a lot of information about what your body is doing and what's happening with the hormones by charting cervical mucus, if that's something you're interested in.
October 17th, 2011, 11:27 AM
thank you very much for the info!! Much appreciated!
November 6th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Mom to Madeline
I agree with Shawna. Also, your cramping could be due to get off your bcp. This happened to me for the first 6 wks I went off of bcps. Also, I'm still not O'ing after being off the pill now for 6 months (Im doing lab work tomorrow), but you can also start O'ing within a week of being off bcp....everyone's different.

I would test again just to be sure
November 6th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I have taken more tests. I took two tests (on Oct 30th and another on the 31st) both were negative so I figured since I was due for my period on Nov.4th I wasnt pregnant....

..........................WELL.................... ............

I WAS INCORRECT! I didnt get my period on Nov 4th so on Nov. 5th I got two more HPTs (the $ ones) I took one and what did I see...BFP!!!! So, seems I am pregnant again lol, on Nov. 10th our baby girl turns 2! I told my Fiance' about the positive pregnancy test, I told him I have another but want to wait a few days to take it (he wanted me to take it right away). We have both agreed to wait to tell family and friends, because we want our daughter's 2nd birthday to be all about her!

Cant believe I will be having a baby again, as long as this pregnancy isnt like when I was pregnant with our daughter! Oh dear heavens, I was so sick..morning sickness the whole pregnancy, throwing up atleast 5 times throughout the day! So hopefully, that wont happen this time but either way we are happy!!! Another Blessing!
November 6th, 2011, 01:43 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!
November 8th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!
& hope ur dd has a great birthday

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search