Help? Pregnancy after tubal ligation...

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JustBeginning Send a message via Yahoo to JustBeginning
I am needing some help!!!!! Has anyone themselves or does anyone know anyone personally who has gotten pregnant after a tubal ligation???

http://sarahspears.avonrepresentative.com/

December 5th, 2011, 08:23 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It can happen, but it's pretty rare. If conception does occur, the chance of ectopic pregnancy is much higher - so don't delay in getting checked out! You don't want to take any risks with that.

Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome can cause pregnancy symptoms and is more common than post-tubal pregnancy is. PTLS can start right away, or come on more gradually in the years following a tubal. It all depends how much the blood vessels near the fallopian tubes were damaged.

Some of the symptoms include:

Irregular periods
Heavier, more painful periods
Breast tenderness
Nausea
Hot flashes, night sweats
Mood swings
Loss of libido

Last edited by ShawnaCAN; December 5th, 2011 at 08:28 AM.
December 6th, 2011, 05:09 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had my tubes tied and am on CD 82 right now of a normally 34 day cycle.

All tests have been bfn or what I'm assuming are evaps.

I have heard of people becoming pg after a TL. Best to take a test or see your dr asap.
good luck!

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
December 7th, 2011, 08:00 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to repeat that there is a very high risk of ectopic pregnancy, please see your medical provider soon!
December 14th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeginning View Post
I am needing some help!!!!! Has anyone themselves or does anyone know anyone personally who has gotten pregnant after a tubal ligation???
I had my tubes tied in 2010 with titanium clips. I stopped keeping exact track of my periods, because I assumed it could not happen. I am currently 2 weeks late. Tooka test about 1 hour ago and it is positive. Made an emergency appoinment with Obgyn for tomorrow to make sure baby not in tubes. Doctor going on leave after tomorrow, so need to make sure no emergencies arise while he is not here. So, yes it can happen. Only symptoms other than late period is period like cramps.
Still is shock and not too sure what to do
December 28th, 2011, 08:50 PM
my tubes were tied during my last c section and i'm pregnant.i went to the ER last night after getting a positive result on a hpt (was scared it was ectopic)...they confirmed it and today i went to the doctor.they think i'm 5 weeks but i think i'm 3 weeks.anyway they said the hcg level is too low at 17 and refused to do an ultrasound.i go back friday to test the levels again.if they are higher i'll have an ultrasound but she is thinking i'll miscarry.either way i have no idea if my tubes came untied or what and don't know if it's tubal or not either.i'm scared to death and it's a waiting game.they said it's so early that they wouldn't see anything in an ultrasound.i think they should at least try.i'm sick with worry.no pain or bleeding so all i can do is pray.
January 2nd, 2012, 03:53 PM
This topic is the reason I joined this site, actually.

I have a 19 month old DD & a 7 month old DD. DH had a vasectomy 10 months ago, & I had a tubal 7 months ago (just after the birth of my last child).

When I missed my first period, I didn't think much of it. It's really rare for me to do so, but we have both been sterilized so I just chalked it up to stress or some other generic answer. When I missed my second period, I began to wonder. Then the nausea came, the indigestion, massive breast changes, etc.

So finally I peed on the stick, more for a "peace of mind, get your head checked" kind of clarification... At the 2 minute mark it was quite positive. So I waited a few days & tested again. That test was positive before the urine even reached the control line.

So now I sit here during a 4 day holiday weekend worrying myself to death about the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy.

So to answer your question, yes, I know someone who has become pregnant after a tubal ligation (& a vasectomy)... me.

((I never want to have sex again))
January 4th, 2012, 08:21 AM
well i did have a miscarriage but i'll never know whether it was ectopic or not.i really feel like they should have done an ultrasound.i find it hard to believe that they wouldn't see SOMETHING...they keep telling me the only way to see whats going on with the tubes is laproscopy surgery and shooting dye.if they can see heart valves in ultrasounds,why can't they see fallopian tubes?it just doesn't make sense.either way,i'm going to have a reversal done.i've not felt well since i had this tubal ligation and despite my doctor chalking it up to getting older or whatever ,i really believe it's the cause.i have all the symtoms mentioned above and then some .thank you and good luck to everyone

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search