Going to need a miracle....withdrawal method questions

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2012, 05:17 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I currently have 4 kids, 2 of which are my step kids who are 8 and 10 that live with us 50% of the time. The other two are mine my birth; 2 girls ages almost 3 and 8 months. I am currently nursing and plan to do so until she weans naturally; average age around 2. (or older from what I have read) I know my cycle can return as her feedings reduce to her growing and wanting more solid food etc. They haven't returned yet but I am having tons of fertile CM. TONS...almost every day. I can clearly feel my body trying to cycle and even almost mimic PMS with skin breakouts/moods/tiredness.

My husband does not want any more kids and would gladly get a vasectomy if I gave him the green light. That being said, I would love one more because I've always wanted lots of kids of mine own. My husband really only wanted 2 children , but had 2 more with me because when he married me, he knew that was in the cards. I am 29 and he is 43. I know I could never convince him to have another but if it were to happen, he knows I would never terminate. We are not using any birth control right now except for the withdrawal method. We used it for a month prior to getting married and I didn't get pregnant. He used it with an ex g/f for a year and never got her pregnant. When he got both me and his ex wife pregnant, it was literally the first time he tried, each time, each kid. This tells me that, I think his sperm are capable but that the reason no one has ever gotten pregnant has been because he really knows his timing. I can tell he does because he pulls out long before. (a good 3-5 seconds)

I have heard various things about whether or not you canget pregnant from pre-cum. What is the truth? Some say the pre-cum does not contain sperm and it is produced by the Cowper's glands. I have also heard that the only way pre-cum can have sperm in it is if the man has not urinated since his last ejaculation as urine kills any sperm still randomlly left in the urethra. My husband and I have sex ( TMI) about 3 times a week and never more than once in a row...NEVER! So, the likelihood of him not urinating for a day, lol..is none.

I have very strong faith and really believe that if it is meant to be, it will be. Given that, we are not using BC and everything that I have described, do you think there is a chance I could get preg? We plan on using this method for a long time.

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
January 4th, 2012, 07:01 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd say regardless of what the theories are about withdrawal, it's still statistically one of the least reliable ways to avoid pregnancy. Combine that with your SO's track record with it....and well, you guys should have a good talk about how serious are you are about avoiding pregnancy.

Last edited by ShawnaCAN; January 4th, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
January 5th, 2012, 04:04 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is true. I am not so concerned but I know he does not want another child. I would prefer not having one for a while. I don't know if I want to be too assertive in startingany type of real BC because then my chances for ever having a baby if it's meant to be, will prob never be.

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
January 5th, 2012, 04:29 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, if he doesn't want another one right now...then he needs to take responsibility too. It's shouldn't have to be all on you. If he knows the chance of pregnancy that comes with withdrawal and that's still what he'd prefer to do, then how serious is he about avoiding??? Maybe he's secretly hoping it just happens so you don't have to go through the pressure of TTC. You guys should have a heart to heart about all of this, so you're both on the same page!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search