Birth control with anxiety options question

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies. I have questions I hope you can offer advice about. I've been on low dose bc pills for over 10 years and loved them until this past year. This year I also got off ten years of anxiety meds which is an adjustment. Lately I'm so hormonal I cry all the time and I get a pretty hefty period every two weeks which makes it worse. My mom suggested ParaGuard but my bf who says I'm his future wife is really against it. We want kids but very are financially stable right now so we are waiting and trying to get me healthy. The dr says the anxiety meds I've had since I was young depleted my bodys growth and screwed cycle...I have government health insurance cuz I can't get or afford anything else and hate my clinic. I asked last week for a new dr actually which I can't see til feb.

Anyway enough rambles just curious anyone deal with anxiety and have good experiences with diff types of bc...advice would be great. Thanks!

January 15th, 2012, 07:18 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you're already having heavy periods, Paraguard is a really bad idea. It's known for making normal periods heavy and making heavy periods even worse.

Any BC with hormones in it comes with a risk of causing anxiety, or intensifying anxiety that's already an issue. Maybe it's time to see how your body does without hormones for awhile? It will take some time to adjust, but perhaps things might be easier? It also wouldn't hurt to find out why the periods are so frequent and so heavy. There may be a problem that's been there all along, but the Pill has been covering it up for the last 10 years. Might be a good idea to find out why it's happening and hopefully have that fixed.

These doctors are really good at investigating and treating cycle problems. I also know some women who have had treatment from them for depression and anxiety, they look at all your hormones to see if they are in the right balance or if that's what's causing the anxiety.
- Welcome to FertilityCare? Centers of America
January 15th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks I'll look over that link when I have more time. Sorry my typing is bad I'm on my cell phone. It's hard not having health insurance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search