Paraguard Fell Out?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2012, 10:43 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need some help and reasurance please. I just had my 6th baby 3.5 months ago, had the Paraguard put back in December. Had it checked one month later (beginning of Jan.) everything was fine. Got my period a few days after my check. My first period in December came just a few days after it was put in, and it was extremely heavy but also my first PPAF. My AF in January, after my IUD check, was normal.....which I thought was odd, cause I usually bleed extremely heavy with the Paraguard. Had sex on Sunday night, and right after, I felt uncomfortable down there and thought I was either O'ing or something was wrong with my IUD. Spotted a bit yesterday, very unlike me to have any mid cycle spotting, but thought maybe from O'ing? Well today, my IUD just fell out!

Now I know most likely it fell out of place before my AF even started this month, because of the flow I had. Dr. warned me that after having so many kids, the IUD became less effective due to my uturis not being small anymore. But I have no other options for BC, as I cannot have any hormonal BC due to previous breast cancer. Insurance would not pay for my tubes to be tied or DH to get the big V. So this was our only option for a more reliable BC.

I dont think my odds are that high of conception this month, I know how hard it is to conceive on good terms, so Im not going to panick to much.

What else can I do for BC now? I dont think the dr. will put another IUD in, if this one failed already. Im 41 and really dont want more children. Im worried that timing my cycle will not be enough.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

January 26th, 2012, 08:36 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Modern versions of Natural Family Planning have higher effectiveness rates than the IUD, and no hormones to deal with. You do have to invest some time in learning it really well, but you don't have to bother with any drugs or devices (or the risks that go along with them).

Here are links to some different kinds of NFP:

BOMA-USA - Home
Natural Family Planning
- Welcome to FertilityCare? Centers of America
Marquette University | Natural Family Planning
Welcome to The Couple to Couple League
January 30th, 2012, 08:58 AM
*Mrs.ToyaJae*'s Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry to hear about your IUD falling out. Mine was partially expelled about two months ago and I had it removed. Their excuse was I had it inserted too close to my six week appointment. I don't think that's the case. I had one placed after my first son and it had an issue with being out of place, and I had it placed in nowhere near close to my six weeks. I don't think they're as reliable as the doctors claim they are...and after all of my research on them I'd never get another one. Those devices are beyond dangerous. You should try a natural method of birth control if you think that it's suitable for you and your situation. =)

My. Two. FAVORITE. Little. Men.

January 30th, 2012, 01:25 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for everyones feed back! I think Im going to talk to my dr. about uterine ablaitement (msp, sorry). I just need something that is going to be close to fail proof.. Im afraid of NFP and those types of bc.....thats how I got #2.

I had the Paragaurd after #4 and had had it for 4yrs with no issues.......I really loved it. Dr. thinks it has failed me due to too many kids now. (my uteris is too big now apparently.) I hear the ablaitement is over 90% effective.......hoping it has gone up over the years since I was last told about it, lol

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

February 14th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just had my 3rd baby a week ago & I had the paraguard in for 2 years so it didnt work.out for me.

Can u try going to your local health dept & see if your hubby can get a V (snipped ) there?

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search