Leaving Nuva Ring In?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2012, 05:06 PM
My sisters doctor told her to leave her Nuva ring in for 30 days then immediately replace it with a new one in order to avoid having a period. The information in the packaging says to remove it every 25 days or so to start your period. Has anyone else used the Nuva ring to skip periods under doctor recommendation? I just want to make sure that my sister's doctor isn't misinformed.
June 25th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I would never leave it in for that long to be honest. I think following the directions of taking it out to get your period is the best advice I can give.
June 26th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I have left mine in before. It does skip your period. I don't think it's very good for your cycle to leave it in but all that happened was that my next period was a little heavier. You should be fine but I would ask your doctor before you do it.
July 2nd, 2012, 02:17 PM
i was on the ring for almost 5 years. i did leave it in or as soon as my period started id put the next one in so it would be light and end. i however do not recommend that. nor has my doctor. i think you need ur period at least occasionally to "clean" things out. also not to scare anyone out of the ring but i concieved while on it. i really think keeping it in all the time is actually the reason it failed. also my doc said it was possible that because i was on it so long ie 5years. it was possible it just stopped working. i cant imagine any doc giving that advice but nowadays who knows. seems like all BC takes away periods now anyway. bet it affects fertility and regulation later on though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search