Mirena Hades???

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2012, 07:33 PM
I had my Mirena placed in September and for three months I would bleed almost the entire month minus two to four days. I cramp all the time, horrible back pains, no sex drive, weight gain, mood swings, etc. I feel like my mirena is the devil anymore. I am honestly starting to wonder if I need to have it removed. Any suggestions?
March 22nd, 2012, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
lurker here

Saw the topic and had to respond! I could have posted the exact same thing you just did two years ago. I absolutely hated Mirena - it seriously made me crazy my mood swings got so bad. I found the longer it was there the worse the symptoms got. I had it for a total of all most a year thinking maybe things would level out but that did not happen for me. Had it removed and all is well but I did end up with another baby. I wish you the best of luck in making your decision.
March 22nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Hey there... So we need help deciding on what to do for Family Planning... I am reaching out because sometimes you can get the best help from non- family members and/or friends. What would you recommend for someone who does not want to get pregnant again and who doesn't want periods ( or at least cut down on them).
These are what we are considering...Should I do Mirena- OR - should I do Essure procedure and take Seasonique for only 4 periods a year? I really need help making this decision. My husband and I are having trouble deciding and we are hoping that maybe having other input from other people might help us choose the best one... Any advice- anyone has- would be VERY helpful. Thanks so much! So again the choices are: Mirena OR Essure with Seasonique- We look forward to reading your suggestions!
March 28th, 2012, 07:11 PM
amcashes's Avatar Swollen Feet Mommy
I had it for a very short amount of time because it would make me cramp up really bad after sex. I would get it taken out if you don't like it.

I am a crunchy stay at home mom to a , , and a my husband is in our eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search