We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I couldn't find my birth control this morning(April 27th), so I obviously didn't take it. I couldn't find it when I got home either so I still haven't taken it. Not only did we have unprotected sex, but he finished inside me. I didn't go to the bathroom and "expel" until about 10-15 minutes afterwards. My stomach has been hurting. I don't wanna say cramping because it's not like period cramping. Just twinges of very light cramps and just feeling sick. Kinda feel a tad nauseous with a headache too. According to the app I have on my iPhone, my last day of fertility was the 24th but last night I still had a little of the clear gooey ovulation discharge. We usually don't finish inside but when we have I didn't feel like this.
My questions are as follows:
1) Is it heard of to have a stomach ache from being finished in?
2) Does missing just one pill really make all the difference?
3) Can you get pregnant right after ovulating? I know sperm can live for 5 days but I'm not well versed in the live span of ovum
4) I've read people online saying that they just kinda "felt it" or "just knew" from the moment of conception. Have any of you ever experienced that?
5) Should I continue to take my birth control(If I can freakin' find it that is)? I don't wanna possibly harm the baby if I am
My next period is due May 7th. If I still feel funky around then or happen to be late, I'll test and I'll keep y'all updated.
Please leave your opinions/experiences/expertise <3
1) I doubt they are related.
2) Women sometimes conceive even without missing any pills, it's not 100%. But every missed Pill does reduce it's effectiveness.
3) After ovulation, the egg can live up to 24 hours. There is no website or app that can tell you the exact day of ovulation, just guesses. Ovulation may occur earlier or later than the app predicts.
5) The Pill works by making sure that if you conceive, the baby can't implant. It does this by keeping the lining of your uterus thin. So it's actually supposed to do harm, that's how it works. If you want to increase the baby's chance of survival *if* you conceived, then stop taking it. If you did conceive, continuing your Pills will increase the chance that the Pill will do it's job and stop the baby from implanting, keep taking it. Unfortunately, there is no way to know if you concieved until after implantation. Conceptions that occur on the Pill are undetected unless they somehow manage to survive the thin uterine lining.
Last edited by ShawnaCAN; April 28th, 2012 at 12:55 PM.
:/ I don't think I'll be able to keep taking his month's worth because the back of my mind I'll wonder if I did. I think I'll stop taking this month's and see if I get AF. You answered yes to #4. What's your story?