Mini Pill (Errin) ...Experiences?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies. Ive been on Errin a month and half now...never got AF and no real side effects except my normal hormonal migraines a couple times a month. I cramped for like 10 days but no AF to be seen....

Anyone else taken Errin or a mini pill? can you tell me experiences? did you skip AF? Did you like it?

Thanks

April 29th, 2012, 11:09 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Were you regular before you started the mini-Pill? Anything going on that would affect your hormones - are you post partum, breastfeeding? Recently switched from any other type of hormone?
April 29th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Shawna thanks for helping me again. I was getting Af before taking it but not completely regular. i got it like clockwork on regular bc pills tho. I also taking antdepressants and anti-anxiety pills...and im a tad under weight but i thought bc helped regulate cycles and now im hearing that mini pills alter it....i switched from Lutera to Errin a month and half ago...and no babies yet so no post pardom or BF...but i have had high prolactin levels which my dr is looking into and i lactate non-stop...thanks again for the advice you are always first to answer!

April 29th, 2012, 11:05 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Excess prolactin can mess with things, but so does switching hormones and being underweight. And stress! The excess prolactin is a big sign that your hormones are imbalanced. Hopefully getting that sorted out will improve things!
April 30th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was taking Errin starting in november after having my daughter in sept..I was BF'ing so we thought it was a good match..I never did have a post partum period and somehow managed to get pregnant again while taking the pill...Most pills can cause you to miss periods especially the mini pill because its all active pills with no placebos..but just be aware that for most women its not recommended as a sole form of BC..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search