Pregnant after Mirena Removal???

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Well, that debate has been raging for decades. You'll find many different answers to this one, so it's really a matter of doing some soul searching to figure out what you believe and whether the IUD is opposed to those beliefs or not.
October 14th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Anne View Post
My iud was removed on Aug 1st i had bleeding for 5 days and today is sept 25 and tomorrow i will be 8 weeks pregnant. I got pregnant the day it was removed. I was ovulating that day so that might have something to do with it. It didnt take very much. Good Luck. Baby dust
I just removed my mirena iud on oct 8th and spotted one day obviously from the removal. The rest of the week I had fertile cervical mucus and ttc. Now I'm scared I might miscarry bc I didn't wait to let my uterus lining to go back to normal. And I was wondering those who have successfully gotten pregnant immediately after removal did you have any bleeding while on the mirena bc that's my biggest concern I never had any spotting so Idk if my uterus lining is "sticky" enough. I know I could jut wait and see but I want some reassurance and hope!
October 15th, 2012, 07:49 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello Moms and Moms2B - I am new to this board so I apologize in advance if there is an acronym I should use and don't lol. I had my Mirena removed 8/3/2012 has some spotting that day then nothing until 8/6. It was extremely heavy for days and now here I sit and it is on one day, off the next. I am almost 40 and hope to conceive before my 40th birthday. No special reason why really. At first it was because I did not want have to go through an amnio but from what I understand that is done after age 38 anyway lol. I have been looking on line and doing my research for a few weeks prior to removal, happy to see a more recent post! I did not have much of period while on the Mirena (2yrs) and aside from the bleeding, I cannot believe the amount of energy I have regained since removal! Good luck to you all though!
Chybees_mommy19 likes this.
October 18th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I am also not sure if the symptoms I am experiencing are post mirena or implantation symptoms. I had my mirena removed on 28 Sep after having it for 4 years. I am EXTREMELY fertile. I had 3 pregnancies from age 19-22 with one spontaneous abortion. Two of those were while on BCP. I am ttc baby #3, like everyday. I have had what I thought was a period (it was heavy and lasted 5 days) less than a week after removal but now I am not so sure what is going on down there.... as I had a period while I was pregnant with my son and didn't know I was already pregnant until it was dated back via ultrasound. Yesterday I had morning sickness (which is a very specific type of nauseated feeling, I'm sure most of you know this feeling), now I am having what feels like implantation cramps with light spotting (very light pink), urinating more frequently, heachaches, excessive salivation (I am one of those who gets this nasty pregnancy symptom that makes me gag!) and emotional, but not angry. I mean Sons of Anarchy made me cry Tuesday when the crazy chick shot herself. I was like wth is wrong with me? I am waiting to see if these continue before I test and am wondering if it's just my hormones from mirena removal or hormones from pregnancy. Who knows at this point. I think the not knowing is so nerve racking. I guess it could be possible I'm pregnant as its been 3 weeks since removal. I just have to be patient. Definitely wasn't expecting to be expecting so soon. Maybe it's just my body getting back in sync or it could be ovulation symptons. Why do the symptoms for all of these have to be the same?! Aaagh I will have to wait and see....

Last edited by candyland; October 18th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
October 21st, 2012, 05:43 PM
I had my Mirena removed July of 2012 after having since October of 2009. I have had 4 normal cycles and been doing everything to get pregnant. I have been called fertile Myrtle my whole adult life because I can get pregnant on the most unusual days. Like when I got pregnant with my 8yr. It was 5 days before period and my period never came and 3 weeks later I had a . With my second I got off the depo shot in February of 2005 used the pull out method till Aug. 8weeks pregnant by Mid September miscarried in Oct. And found out February on 2006 I was pregnant with #2. Used no BC for 2 1/2yrs. Then had #3 in September of 2009. Now I am having the hardest time getting pregnant with #4 & we want a boy cause we have 3 girls so I have taking a prenatal everyday for 4 mo. Taking my temp, taking ovulation test and tracking my most fertile days, and doing the every other day method around my ovulation and have had all Any ideas!
October 22nd, 2012, 08:01 AM
I had my Mirena inserted Febuary 2009, a month after my son was born. I never had any problems with it. I had periods for the first year which were light and short and then towards the end my periods became speradic, only lasting a day, and would be so light that all I needed were panty liners. I had it removed August 10th 2012 and TTC. I thought I was pregnant right away and then started what I thought was a period about 2 weeks after removal. That lasted about 4 days. Then I thought I was pregnant again because I didn't have another period for a whole month and a half. after taking a few more negative hpt, my period came again, lasting about 5 days and very heavy and cramping like it used to be when I was in high school before I ever even got on the pill.

I recently read that the first bleeding after removal isn't really a period, it's just your body reacting to the iud being gone. So if that is the case, the last period that I had a week ago was my first real period and I will be ovulating. Since it has been about 2.5 months since removal I'm hoping that everything is back to normal so we can ttc this month. I have also read though that some people get pregnant right away after removal and some ttc for up to a year before anything happens.

My biggest concern is that I have seen alot of woman report getting pregnant with twins if they conceive right after removal! Part of me would be happy with twins, part of me would be mortified! Anyone else heard of this?
November 5th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Never heard of twins... But my symptoms thought I was pregnant and I'm pretty sur sit was just the "mirena crash". My thoughts on it are this, bc the iud makes a fake progesterone are bodies produce it again after removal and our bodies aren't used to that feeling and progesterone is one hormone that gives us those lady problems like we get during pregnancy and Af. So a timeline oct 8 was removal, slight spotting day of and after. A week later I had very light orange or peach bleeding for 3 days.(I've heard people say that was what their period was like on mirena but I had no period with it. O symptoms at all) then my bbs started getting sore and swollen and I thought I must be pregnant and I took 20 tests up til last week and they were all bfn. So I concluded that was my body's reaction to the removal and getting back on cycle. I'm still not normal I started th light bleeding again which would make my cycle 20 days apart right now. Which would mean I'm ovulating on my period week or my leutal phase is too short and incapable of having a successful pregnancy. Sorry if this is kind of all over the place and unorganized.
November 28th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I had my mirena removed after 1 1/2 years of having it on Oct 26th, 2 days later I had a very heavy period which lasted 4 days, then I began charting and taking temp. My charts were up and down and by my chart it says I O'd... And now I'm waiting... My normal cycle is 25 days but I'm on day 31 now with nothing! I hade bad cramping 4 days ago so I expected af, but again... Nothing! This is really messing with my brain! Anyone having any success?
December 4th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Ok ladies, I need HELP!

I had Mirena inserted in Sept 09 after my daughter was born. I never had any problems with it. The first year and a half I had absolutely no AF! Then I started having a regular cycle just like I did before I got pregnant. Eventually AF went from lasting 5 days to just spotting for one maybe two days tops. I just had my Mirena removed Nov 12. I started spotting Nov 14th. I bled for 4 days, some heavy some hardly anything. Well I was told that my cycle should go back to normal withen a few weeks adn that I should expect AF close to the normal time. Well if that was the case I should have started AF on Nov 28th. I took a test on Nov 29th and NEGATIVE. I just figured that my body wasn't back to "normal" yet. Well on Sunday Dec 2 I had HORRIBLE cramps and I just "knew" AF was coming. I laid on the couch all day with a heating pad!! Well here it is Tuesday the 4th and still no AF. And I am no longer having any kind of cramping. I am TTC and I don't know what my body is doing. I have been getting horrible head aches and sharp pains in my breasts. I am getting soooo annoyed not knowing what is going on. I just want to scream, GIVE ME AF OR A POSITIVE test!! Can anyone relate to this? Or does anyone know what may be going on? I am anxious to have baby #2 and this whole not knowing thing is driving me crazy!!!
December 5th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone

I am very new to this place and am feeling kind of stupid for starting to research so early. I had the Mirena put in 2 years ago and at the time I was still a virgin... Now I am engaged and am getting married on March the 9th. My future husband and I are talking about having the Mirena out so we can try for a baby and after much talk about it we have made an appointment for the 1st Feb. So really I was just wondering how long it can take after you have had it out to get pregnant? Now after doing alot of reading I think my question sounds rather stupid but i would still like some sort of answer

Ty all

Rose
Chybees_mommy19 likes this.
December 19th, 2012, 06:23 AM
I've had the myrina for about 8 months, I was having sex on a regular basis and two days before removal as It had dislodged and my body regected it, since removal we have been very careful and used condoms, I went to the doctor today for the depo injection- and as a rule they do a routine blood test- and it came back that I was a low reading for pregnant.... 2 tests later I am concidced it's true with two positive readings... Moral to the story aparentlybi am pregnant because my myrina dislodged .......
January 4th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Black Rose,
Don't feel silly. I'm doing the same thing only I just had my mirena removed on Wednesday the 2nd . My boyfriend and I really really want a baby. I told myself that I wouldn't do this and get to overly excited about it, so I have been searching online for all possibilities. Just so that I know.

**For the other ladies** I had the paragard in for 3years and only had the mirena for 2 months reason I had to remove the paragard was because it became dislocated. So I then wanted to try the mirena. It was great for awhile then I noticed large clumps of hair started to fall out and I would bleed a little every time my boyfriend and I had intercourse and just while I was on Christmas break in Idaho I found out there was a law suit for the mirena. So I decided to remove it immediately and just leave are chances to fate but I really want a baby asap! I just wonder if there is anyone with a story out there like mine. If so how long did it take to get pregnant? Was it successful? Did you do anything certain like take vitamins or eat differently? Since I'm bleeding now is that counted as a period?

January 6th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Chybees_mommy19 I have had no issues with the mirena at all it was the best thing I every did, I was actually on the pill at 12 had up until I got the mirena only reason I got the mirena was because the pill actually caused a lump in my liver which they thought was cancer I am very lucky however that it is not. My gyn said I would not be able to go on the pill ever again because it would cos the lump to grow larger. so now I have to have a blood test every month to make sure my liver level stay good and a scan every year to make sure the lump has not grown because they refuse to remove it...
January 6th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I am 10 weeks pregnant (11 weeks on Tuesday) I got pregnant about a month after stopping my birth control. I didn't even realize I missed a period and about 5 weeks pregnant I was so nauseous it was crazy! Found out the next week I was pregnant!
January 13th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Black_Rose--I had the mirena for 4 years and had it removed December the 4th, 2012. My husband and I planned to start trying for kids this year and I went ahead and had it removed at my yearly checkup. Had my period starting the next day, and first positive pregnancy test 3 weeks later, so you can become pregnant immediately! I don't have a doctors appt. for a few more weeks but hoping everything is OK....definitely wasn't planning to become pregnant quite this soon, but we are excited! Have also heard of the risk of multiples immediately after going off....not sure if there's truth to that or not, but we'll see!
January 14th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Bullseye thank you so much for telling me that, I already knew about the risk of multiples but fraternal twin run on my side of the family anyway so yeah the doctor has actually moved my appointment up to the 24th of Jan now and I am getting really excited but terrified at the same time my AF was terrible before and when it would arrive it meant a week in bed so yeah. that it wont be to bad
January 15th, 2013, 09:38 AM
You're welcome Black Rose! My only advice would be to use another form of birth control if you want to avoid the possibility of getting pregnant right away (and possibly being nauseous and bloated at your wedding!!) Good luck!
February 16th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Hi Everyone! So I had mirena for 4.5 years and just recently had it removed on 1/28/13. I never had periods with the mirena but I did have a heavy, super crampy period a week before having the mirena removed. I didn't realize it at the time but I had the mirena removed a day before I was supposed to ovulate, and I did have unprotected sex up to 3 days before it was removed. On 2/12/13 ( 12 days post mirena removal) I thought AF had arrived but it was much lighter and seemed more "watered down". It only lasted a day and was completely gone by the 13th. I'm concerned that maybe it wasn't my period but implantation bleeding instead?? I have taken two pregnancy tests both resulting in negative results, however if I was pregnant I think I would only be like 2 weeks at this point so that's probably to early to detect? I wasn't trying to get pregnant, I got my mirena removed because I was sick of being on BC and all the hormonal effects they entail. If I am pregnant it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing, but not knowing is driving me CRAZY. And I don't want to have to wait another two weeks to find out if I am prego or not! I can't stop thinking about it. I just wanted to see if anyone has at this happen and were you pregnant or is it just the effects of having the mirena removed after being on it for so long?! HELP =]
March 20th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Help please!!.. my mirena expelled itself a month ago, I didn't bleed after, stills haven't but spotted one night after sex, how possible could it be that I'm pregnant and to early to test
May 5th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I had my Mirena removed 3/28/13. Got switched to an oral contraceptive the same day. My husband and I had sex the day of removal and then I went out of town for several days...AF is a no show, my breasts have definitely grown and are KILLING me (first sign with my daughter) and I'm sooo queasy. I took a clear blue and it was a negative. Going to the dr on Tuesday for a blood test. Anyone else in this boat? I'm not totally crazy?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search