irregular cycle after stopping depo April 24th, TTC, changed the topic

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2012, 09:25 AM
I took 2 Depo Shots and never returned when it ran out. I got my period within 3 days so it arrived April 27th and lasted about a week.My calendar says i ovulated around May 12th

I am TTC and had really high hopes that i was pregnant now but im losing faith this cycle because i kept getting negatives.

I changed the topic because at 2 weeks late for my period i was still getting negatives and now im 3 weeks late and pretty sure my period wont come due to my depo shot which i quick taking in April.... i feel it screwed up my cycle however i am still hoping i will conceive at some point. Taking depo was the worst choice i could have made and no one told me the side effects

Last edited by Lizzieminton; June 12th, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
June 2nd, 2012, 12:19 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Unfortunately, the recovery from Depo can take awhile. It can be months before you ovulate again. It's a very aggressive drug that does a lot of damage to the reproductive system, healing takes time. Don't rely on a calender to predict ovulation. Learning to track your signs of fertility will be more accurate.
June 2nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
well it estimated my date of ovulation based on my BBT which i have been taking every morning at 8am. there was a very noticeable rise in my temperature 2 days prior to the ovulation date and it has since been slightly elevated.

I do not think i am pregnant because i have had a large drop in my temperature but it has stayed above my cover line which is 98.67
June 2nd, 2012, 05:17 PM
Did you have good cervical mucus too? A cyst can cause a long Luteal Phase like that, but not past 21 days.
June 2nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
yes around my estimated ovulation date my cervical mucus was watery and i had a very increased sex drive and this may be TMI but i was more sensitive down there and my orgasms were a lot stronger than normal
June 2nd, 2012, 11:24 PM
That's a very good sign. If you haven't had AF within a few more days, I'd suggest a blood test for sure!
June 5th, 2012, 11:13 AM
well total of 2 weeks late. had a urine test yesterday and yet another negative. I have had some cramping for about 2 days but no AF to be seen
June 7th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you useing opk?

af came sep 24 wed nz time
June 7th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Super Mommy
I didn't get a period for a whole year after 2 cycles of depo. Everyone is different but it took me that long to get it back. It also made me crazy almost bipolar

June 8th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Well it was negative so the depo must have screwed with my system. My calendar does say i am supposed to ovulate between the 6th-13th and for the last 3 days i have had very water CM so im keeping my hopes up and trying again
June 9th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Your body won't follow a calender, especially after Depo. Just go by the signs you get each day.
June 12th, 2012, 08:37 PM
yeah my calendar is no longer working. However i am still taking my temperature every morning and charting it just to keep track of my temperature pattern, CM etc.
June 14th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Good plan! Your cervial mucus will tell you when your fertility is trying to return. If you observe no mucus or the exact same mucus every day, that means there is no ovarian activity happening. Just post-Depo infertility. If you notice any mucus, spotting, or bleeding that is a *change* from what you normally observe every day - that's a sign of hormonal activity; possible fertility.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search