Anyone gotten pregnant w/IUD?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Want to compare stories, maybe ask some questions.

Please tell me your story and symptoms!!!
I'd really like someone experienced with this situation.
October 18th, 2012, 01:49 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Not in the 1.5 years I've been in Mirena. However, I must say that more than once I had pregnancy-like symptoms, which I've read is not uncommon with Mirena users (the word on the street, mind you, not what the doc is going to say!).

I really was convinced that I was pregnant despite my IUD being in place. I've also only gotten my period twice since insertion, so that doesn't help any!

So don't get freaked out if that happens.
October 18th, 2012, 10:39 PM
mommy2aidenjames's Avatar Veteran
I definately agree with girlsofsummer! I have had it for 1.5 years also, but I stopped having my period 8 or 9 months ago. Lately I have been experiencing slightly pinkish discharge and I only notice it when I am wiping. (sorry TMI) I have had a very upset stomach and that was something I experienced both times before I found out I was pregnant.

Mirena's website gave me a bit of info about some of the side effects and alot of them tend to be the same as pregnancy symptoms. I tend to think I'm pregnant every month just because of the lack of a period, so I test regularly just in case.

Hope you get the answers you were looking for!

October 18th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Oow. You have to be really careful about this. Getting pregnant like that can be dangerous to you and the baby.
October 19th, 2012, 09:05 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Indeed. I test regularly too, just to be sure of that!
October 19th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got pregnant with a Mirina IUD in a few months ago. I had headache, nausea, and dizziness as symptoms. I thought I had a sinus infection and went to the Dr and I was pregnant. I went to my OB/GYN and they sent me to a high risk Dr that took the IUD out. The sooner you can get it out the better chances your pregnancy has. I got mine out around 7 weeks but when I went back for my 12 week scan I had had a missed miscarriage. The baby showed no growth past late in the 9th week.

Good luck if you are pregnant. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

October 23rd, 2012, 10:41 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
my sister got pregnant on the IUD...not sure if it was the mirena or not...but she didnt find out til she was almost halfway through the pregnancy LOL...think she was like 15weeks?? haha...but she had a healthy baby girl at the end of it..
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

October 24th, 2012, 06:45 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had gotten pregnant with Mirena in May, it was ectopic and that was after having it for 1.5yrs. I was shocked, and like many others have stated, it is not uncommon to have symptoms while on the IUD. IDK what made me test during that time, I never had a cycle once it was in place, but something just felt off.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search