For Those of You with an IUD...

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2012, 06:27 AM
I wanted to know why you like or didn't like your IUD. I have a Mirena for about a half a year, had quite a bit of spotting for the first couple of months but I enjoy not having a period. Only downside is that I thinks its killing my libido - which puts a strain on the relationship with SO.

How do you all feel about it?
September 27th, 2012, 11:23 AM
babygreenes.mommy
i just had mine put in today...but i have the paragard. i love the idea of it lasting up to 10 years, but i'll have to get back to you on how i like it/don't like it. haha.
September 28th, 2012, 05:50 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had the Paraguard IUD for 6 years & it has worked great. It is the only form of BC I have used. The only downfalls were heavier periods & I have a lot more cramps than I did prior to the IUD.
September 29th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Zoes_Mommy, I'm glad the Paraguard is working well for you!

Why did you two decide upon the Paraguard as opposed to the Mirena?
September 29th, 2012, 07:11 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right after I had Zoe I was on the Pill & couldn't handle the hormones so my Dr recommended paragard due to no hormones!
October 9th, 2012, 02:30 AM
I'm not in pill but if it is very unusual and your instincts tells you that those are the symptoms of being pregnant then a pregnancy test will answer that or a visit to an OB would be best to run a test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffinhill View Post
I'm not in pill but if it is very unusual and your instincts tells you that those are the symptoms of being pregnant then a pregnancy test will answer that or a visit to an OB would be best to run a test.
Good Luck!!
October 12th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Super Mommy
I only had mine put in yesterday but so far I love it. I had it put in yesterday at 245pm, its now 116pm the next day and my bleeding and cramping are already gone
October 14th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have the paragard, for a while my periods were really heavy and longer than usual but have since gone back to normal, I love that it has no hormones

October 15th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Pinkapple's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkapple
I hated my Mirena for so many reasons. Not just typical hate, that little demon device ruined my life for a good year and a half.

Initially I hated it because of the amount of pain I had upon insertion. The pain persisted for me, so long that I had to be put on a mild painkiller for a month or two.

Then I gained weight like a mad man. 70 pounds in 6 months, and I wasn't even really eating any differently. The hormones caused me to go through a roller coaster of emotions so badly that I constantly had suicidal thoughts/issues with depression.

The hormonal changes also caused a lot of not-so-pleasant bodily changes. My spotting never ceased after insertion and it was more like I had a period for the entire 9 months. I won't go too into detail with all of this, just know that some days I refused to leave the house because of fear of embarrassment. I honestly had no idea who I even was anymore, and my then-fiance left me because he "couldn't handle the stress".

I finally had it removed after 9 months, but the effects still lasted for quite a while, and it took another year before I finally lost all the weight and felt like my old self again. I've been so scared to use any form of BC since. Mirena honestly scarred me emotionally, even though that sounds a bit dramatic. I'm pregnant now, but I'm scared to use BC after the baby because of what happened with Mirena. I would never suggest it to anybody. I've known women who have loved theirs, but I've also known women who have had the same exact thing that happened to me, happen to them. It's too much of a risk for me to try again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search