Any implanon opinions?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies. I have been a bc pull user fOr several years but I tend to forget it. I had a horrible reaction to depo so I'm thinking about implanon anyone have it or have any opinions/advice?

October 22nd, 2012, 10:33 AM
avaught's Avatar mama to sweet 3 yr old
I had implanon and I really liked it. However, my periods were not normal. They would be gone for a few months then I'd have one for 2 weeks. My dr said that was "normal". I felt like I lost hair while I was on it.. but i'm not sure if that is true or I was just being paranoid. I know I did gain about 15 pounds while I was on it.. But I mean that could be just because I didn't work out as much as I should. I have had it out since about March and we're TTC now and they said it could take up to a year for it to clear out of my system. So thats what I know.. Good Luck!

Thanks Tasha for my Blinkie!!
October 26th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Regular
I had implanon in for about 2 1/2 years. I HATED it. I never new when AF was coming or if she was going to skip a month. I had very low sex drive and I think my DH was going insane lol. I had it removed in June because from February until I had it removed AF was stopping in every other week. I started to read things alone from others that had it while I was on it and wish I would have checked those out first. That is just my personal opinion though, but I will never get an implant again!
October 26th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Baby Boy Coming in March!
I got it inserted in April of 2010 and out in Jan 2011. In that time I never had AF at all, which was AWESOME. What I CAN tell you is make sure you see a competent doctor with experience in insertion. I thought I was going to a good OB/GYN. They were the biggest in the area. But the particular woman that did my insertion put the thing in the WRONG place. Since she did that it hurt like crazy. My arm was bruised & sore for over TWO WEEKS from insertion. When I went to have it out I went to a different place because I was convinced that it was inserted in the wrong place (by the way, I went back and she INSISTED it was in the right place) and sure enough, it took nearly 2 hours to get the thing outta my arm because it was over my muscle instead of on the underside of my arm, like it was supposed to be. I was very sore from removal as well, but understandably so since the thing was inserted in the wrong place to begin with. Luckily I've suffered no adverse effects from that that I've been able to notice.

I would say get it, but be sure you are going to a good doctor and they put it in the RIGHT place. Most people I know that have had it didn't have AF the entire time they were on it.

October 26th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies I'm gonna be more careful with my pills. The thought of changing bc again scares me.

November 15th, 2012, 10:17 AM
AmyMcLiz's Avatar Proud mommy
i had it, and it was great! the whole time it was in there, (1.5 years) i only had 1 full period, and some occasional spotting. The downside is that you never know when the bleeding or spotting is coming. I didn't notice any big changes like weight, emotions, or other side effects. My insertion and removal were very easy, both done in like 5-10 minutes. I do have the TINIest little scar, but no one would notice until I pointed it out.

Mommy of Zane
Hoping to have #2 in 2015!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search