Confused. Advice?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I posted this already in the "Am I Pregnant" forum, but I just realized I probably should have posted here.

I started Lo Loestrin FE on August 21. I am supposed to start my third pack today, but I am concerned. My last period started September 7. I just finished my second pack, but I didn't have a period. I had VERY light spotting 3 weeks ago, but that's it. Just a few light brown spots when I wiped. I missed two pills in my second pack, not consecutively. I know, I know. Irresponsible. I work full time, go to school full time and rescue dogs, and getting into the rhythm of taking my pill every day was tough. This past weekend, I was sure I would start my period. I have had: breast tenderness, mood swings, frequent urination, frequent bowel movements, very tired, clear discharge and gassy. Usually my PMS symptoms are nothing more than a little moodiness, cramps and chocolate cravings.

Obviously there is a possibility that I could be pregnant. I have taken 3 tests. 2 were negative and the 3rd, a digital test, came up with a question mark. Must be faulty. On the other hand, I understand that having an irregular period the first couple of months on BC is normal. So my question is this: should I start my new pack today or wait until I am sure I'm not pregnant? Will it hurt anything if I continue my BC? Also, is it normal for PMS symptoms to change when on BC?

I would appreciate any advice so much! Thank you in advance.
December 17th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
its prolly best to have a visit with your doctor at this point you need a blood test and professional advice since you didnt use the birth control as directed, before you start a new pack. but if isnt showing up on a test it should be ok to start the next pack. just get checked to make sure everything is ok, my period has vanished to after i started the ring, left in in 3 weeks and took it out for good after spotting the whole time and now nothing like 3 weeks later still. so it can happen.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search