pregnant on mirena?!

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2013, 06:55 PM
I had my son on October 2, 2012 and had the Mirena IUD put in on November 19, 2012 and just this past month I have been feeling all symptoms of pregnancy, tired, fatigued, nauseous every day, headaches, bloating. Might be a little TMI but me and my LO's dad have been having sex with a condom only for the first time he "finish's" during sex then he takes it off we have been doing that since 3 weeks after birth. I have had 2 negative urine tests, both done by a dr, and just had a blood test done today. Keep in mind even if the blood test comes back neg I got pregnant last january and didn't get a positive urine or blood test until I was 9 weeks pregnant and I was on the pill. So is it possible that I could be pregnant again?
January 14th, 2013, 10:13 PM
April 13th 2014 :)
There is always a possibility that you could be pregnant, no birth control is 100% effective. But you've done all the right things. You've seek medical attention and gone to your doctor right away. Being pregnant on the Mirena puts you at greater risk for eptopic pregnancy. Just make sure your doctor knows what he's talking about, because if you are pregnant you need to get the Mirena removed right away!

January 17th, 2013, 12:12 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pregnancy symptoms are very common side effects of the Mirena. The Mirena contains synthetic progesterone, which is the same hormone that is present in large amounts naturally in early pregnancy.
January 23rd, 2013, 10:23 AM
CardozaMaMa8784's Avatar Veteran
many times while on Mireana i thought i was, but PLEASE PLEASE if you have ANY kind of pain have it removed ASAP. I had a bad experience with Mirena and blame it for my chemicals. I read it can take some over a year after having it removed to get pregnant due to the things it does.
Thinning the uterus lining is one thing it does. RARE but it can cause infertility, I developed Ovarian Cysts on it and they DENIED that it was from the IUD, but it was. The apins stopped after it was removed. I had it 3 years and had it out over a year. I had a chemical in November and several more before that.

If you do get pregnant on it, the bean wont stick or you wont ovulate. PLEASE look up reviews from other ladies. There is a reason they are having lawsuits out against Mirena right now.

Some ladies get lucky and it dont mess with them. some are suffering for the companies horrible product. I have never had a chemical so this is heart breaking for me because im scared ill have another.

Last edited by CardozaMaMa8784; January 23rd, 2013 at 10:26 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search