Mirena...My personal experiance

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 11:40 AM
CardozaMaMa8784's Avatar Veteran
I DO NOT AND WILL NOT recommend the IUD Mirena.

I got it after i had my son. A month after having it i developed pains once a month for a few days around my O time.
After almost a year I was hurting, this pain was so bad i fell to my knees and was crying. I called DH Company SGT( he was army) and no answer from ANYONE. I was crying so bad. I finally got a way to the ER where they found out i had a 1 inch size cyst on my ovary with multiple smaller ones. I was told i had PCOS, they gave me some strong pain killers, you know the ones where you have to be monitored on due to the addictive behavor they cause.

I found out I dont ovulate(thanks to the IUD) and so the cysts were forming due to that. Everyday for months i was in pain until it went to 3 weeks, 2 weeks then 1 week of pain. Then it was back to when i ovulated. My doctor told me to go to the ER every time a cyst ruptured, but I stopped after the 3 rd visit because it was the same thing. " Go home and relax". After 3 yeqars of having it in I had pain in my uterus, I went to a OB back in texas( me and DH were no longer together by now) I had it removed adn she SWORE Mirena was AMAZING since she herself had it and it DOES NOT cause Cysts...MY *** LADY.

She had a internal scan and a regular one done on me. NO cysts but my pain stopped. Once i informed her the pain stopped she was in SHOCK.

Its been over a year now. I have suffered several Chemicals with November 2012 being my last. I have seen countless commercials put on for lawsuits against the Mirena for damage.

I have figured out that my uterus lining was thinned out thanks to Mirena, I had PCOS thanks to it, but unsure of it now. I now have the FUN thick hair growing on my face like a man because it messed with my hormones by making cysts appear on my ovaries which stopped me from ovulating.

I will never promote the sale or use of Mirena.
Birth controls are not worth it esp if you plan on having more kids later....Why damage your body with things like that when alot if side effects are unknown.

If you have it ladies PLEASE remove it. Its not worth the pain of TTC later and just not have it happen like it use to.

Some are lucky and can get pregnant or have no damage after its removed, but those who are unlucky like me are suffering every month.

Tags
mirena

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search