After Mirena Removal

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 08:35 AM
So I wanted to share what m experience has been like and either get an thoughts on it or just have others share their own experience if ou want .

I had the Mirena in for 8months and we're hoping that with its removal that my libido will pick up again. Also when I had it in I had near constant discharge and only had a few light periods about ever two months. If it hadn't been for the decrease in libido we probably would have kept it.

I had it removed only a week ago but so far a few things have happened. First off I had a moderate "period" for three days shortly after removal (thinking it was more of my body detoxing and sort of what happens during the "off" week that happens when on pills, the patch or nuva ring as opposed to an actual period). Secondly my libido may have picked up a bit, but its too soon to tell. And thirdly (TMI) when SO went down on me last night he said that I tasted much better than usual so that of course is an unexpected plus .

Looking forward we're planning on waiting a whole cycle (until the end of my period) and then we'll start Nuva Ring and see how that goes. I like the idea of giving m body a rest period with no extra hormones and to actually get a feel for my own body. As to the Nuva Ring I like the idea of something that I can manipulate on my own (as compared to the Mirena) and something sitting in m vagina rests easier in m mind then something in m cervix/uterus haha. For now its condoms and withdrawal for us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search