Loestrin 24 Fe - What's YOUR alternative?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2014, 04:53 PM
So with the discontinuation of Loestrin 24 Fe my gyn prescribed Minastrin. I started it in October and I thought everything was fine until my fiance noted me being more emotional. We thought I was pregnant but I wasn't. I started tracking my overall mood and health and the pattern I'm seeing is because of the Minastrin. I suffered hair thinning badly in 2 spots I'm able to cover up. I just couldn't figure out what happened. I started feeling really hot. My temp would be normal and my blood pressure would be within range for me but I felt like I was having hot flashes having to literally walk to the bathroom at work and shed my clothes to get some air.

Everyone kept telling me it was hormonal but I blew that off but now I think it is the Minastrin. The only thing I changed was that I now chew it. I use to just swallow it and I think that may have had something to do with things. I'm not as emotional now but I still get the hot flash feelings that are just too abnormal. I'm not in early pre-menopause so I don't know what's going on expect that this pill is NOT just like Loestrin at all.

Loestrin was the first and only BC I've ever been on and it worked for me. I have PCOS and it made life so much easier.

I have an appointment next week, but for those who were on the wonderful Loestrin 24 Fe what do YOU take now?

I just want to do some research myself then talk it over with my doctor but I only see that most have switched to Minastrin. I need word of mouth proof of something else that is working and not making women bald, crazy or a mess.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search