Iud VS Nexplanon

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mama2ladybugs
  • 1 Post By sgh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Momma & BakingJellyBean<3
Hey ladiesI was hoping to get some experience stories about the iud and nexplanon so please feel free to share. Which one do you think is better? I was pretty set on getting an iud after this baby is born but then I read that you can breastfeed while having the nexplanon.I am scared to get an iud because I've never had one before and I feel like the arm implant would hurt less, but at the same time the iud is said to be really effective and have less hormones then the nexplanon. I am stuck
Thank you in advance
July 10th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Super Mommy
With the IUD, it depends on whether you are talking about the Paragard or the Mirena. I had the Paragard put in after I had my first child. It fell out of place, causing excruiciating pain. It was the Non-Hormonal IUD. I have no experience with Mirena.

I have the Nexplanon now, and I love it. It does have it's side effects, but that's all birth control. It is a hormonal birth control and my bleeding has been all over the place, but it's evening out now. I've had it for 7 months. It hurt more having the Nexplanon put in, BUT it wasn't horrible pain. They numb your arm, so it's closer to a pinch. It does bruise a little right after and your arm will be sore for a couple days, but again, not horrible pain.

I personally prefer the Implant over the IUD because even if the Implant were to move around a little, break, bend, etc (it shouldn't but just saying IF it were to) then it would still be effective (it's just as effective as the IUD) because it still releases the hormones through your body.
Abii.2 likes this.

July 20th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have the copper IUD (Paragaurd), hormone free, just copper and I breastfeed. Getting it in wasn't bad but my husband had some complaints at first about it poking. I am satisfied with it.
Abii.2 likes this.
August 9th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the copper IUD for 5 years and had no complaints. You can breastfeed with both types of IUD. The insertion was 2 pinches, so not really painful. My exH said he could feel the strings but current DH hasn't ever said anything about that.

Sept. 2013 3/10/15
August 10th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had the Nexplanon. It popped out. Hormonal birth control DOES not work for me, any kind seems to make me crazy. I am planning to get the copper IUD after this baby, if we decide to use bc.

Tags
birth control , experience , iud , nexplanon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search