nuva ring?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2006, 10:23 AM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
If you have tried NuvaRing let me know! I think I might want to give it a try, I have my 6 week postpartum appointment next week and I need to pick some kind of b/c. I was never good at the pill cause I never remember to take it at the same time everyday Thanks!

-Liz
August 18th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassie Send a message via MSN to Cassie Send a message via Yahoo to Cassie
I used it after #3. I didn't like it. First of all, dh could feel it. Secondly, I couldn't get it to stay high enough in there. And most importantly, it gave me some terrible problems. Awful headaches that never went away, hot flashes, mood swings, major crankiness, and extreme depression. I took it out after only 10 days, and felt better immediately. I've taken Clomid in the past, and I thought that stuff was bad, but it's nothing compared to the ring! That's my experience with it.

Another MD person! You're the second one I've come across on here today!

August 18th, 2006, 11:09 AM
~Danielle~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was on it for a month or so until I ended up getting pregnant on it! DH could also feel it when we were intimate. I will never go on it again.

August 18th, 2006, 11:27 AM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
I've talked to many people that actually love the nuvaring (I'm surprised at the two people above who had such a negative experience!)

From what I understand, it is okay to take the nuvaring out for a period of one hour. For example, you can take the nuvaring out when you have sex, and put it back in.

Side effects will vary from person to person. Some people have absolutely no side effects from certain birth control, and others, like Cassie, had horrible side effects from it.

You'll never really know until you try it.

August 18th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassie Send a message via MSN to Cassie Send a message via Yahoo to Cassie
Quote:
From what I understand, it is okay to take the nuvaring out for a period of one hour. For example, you can take the nuvaring out when you have sex, and put it back in.[/b]
Yes, my OB said you can take it out for up to 3 hours. I was just too lazy to bother when intimate, and didn't want to deal with the mess putting it back in afterwards, lol.

August 18th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
this was actually one of the things i took into consideration but decided on pills..i hate those too lol

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/31/15!

August 19th, 2006, 06:04 AM
baileylee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to baileylee
Quote:
If you have tried NuvaRing let me know! I think I might want to give it a try, I have my 6 week postpartum appointment next week and I need to pick some kind of b/c. I was never good at the pill cause I never remember to take it at the same time everyday Thanks!

-Liz[/b]
Are you breastfeeding? because the ring shouldn't be used while breastfeeding, it can affect you milk supply. But i would talk to your doctor about it, they can tell you what option is best for you.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 21st, 2006, 06:08 PM
Kahne's Avatar Regular
I liked it..... But had to take it out prior to intercourse cause dh could feel it, and it was irritating to me as well.

I had not side effects and enjoyed not having to owrry about it for 3 weeks.

But this time around, I decided on Mirena (IUD) and have heard good things about it. I am hoping to have a lighter period and maybe even it disapear. But dh is getting his vasectomy anyways. I am not gettin the Mirena for B/C......but mainly for period relief.
luxejewels.com
Consultant ID: Kahne

September 25th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Quote:

-Liz[/b]
I tried it for a day and did not enjoy it at all - I could feel it all the time and it was uncomfortable during sex. My favorite BC so far has been Depo due to the ease of getting the shot - but now that we are TTC, I'm not sure that I would recommend it if you think you will want another child in the near future since you never know how it will affect you. I did not have any negative side effects from Depo...

Good Luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search