hey anyone

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2006, 11:09 AM
andrewsmommyNdrubieswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsmommyNdrubieswife
hey i was just wondering if anyone has the copper IUD? i am going to be getting it next month.....i just want to know how it was for you??

becky

August 19th, 2006, 08:54 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do! Ive had it since may.
It does the job. It didnt hurt having it inserted.
Although since I got it my periods have been heavier and i have worse cramping.. But.. i think its worth it

August 20th, 2006, 03:14 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love, love, love it. I have had it for around 4-5 months now. I had some menstrual-type cramping when it was inserted, but I took Ibuprofen and didn't have any more cramping after that. I'm bfing and the only period I've had since having it inserted was lighter and less painful than normal.

August 22nd, 2006, 04:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I HATE IT!!! I have the mirena... Its awesome... the copper one made me bleed and cramp really bad... The mirena I hardly have a period and no cramps

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
August 22nd, 2006, 07:50 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've got the copper one as well. My periods are heavier than they were but I was on the patch so that made my periods super light. I also don't have any cramps. The 5 year one has some hormones in it which is why it can make your periods lighter.

I got it put it in at my 6 week PP appointment. It was a little uncomfortable getting it inserted but not too bad really. I would do it again!!

Over all, I love it!! It's so much easier than having to worry about taking pills, messing with a patch, ect.

I would recommend it!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

August 22nd, 2006, 11:49 AM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i have the copper and for me the day i got it done i felt pinching but went in the next days they cut the lines and its been great ever since i get my period every other month and i havn't noticed any heavy bleeding or cramps.

as far as the other b/c i don't do goo dwith hormones so this is teh best plus its good for 10 years

good luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search