How did you decide??

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2006, 06:04 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did you decide what b/c you were going to use??

I decided on the IUD. I wanted something that I didn't have to worry about. With 3 kids it's hard to remember to take a pill every day. Plus were don't plan on having any more kids but I didn't want to get my tubes tied so this was a good choice. It's good for 10 years, so over all it's the cheapest form of b/c plus it's as effective as sterilization.

angie

=May '05 and '11

August 19th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Logan&Sierrasmama0609's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am on Ortho Tri Cyclen. Ive never been on any kind of birth control until now. So I didnt know what kinds of birthcontrol was out there. So my Doctor suggested this. I hope it works ok for me!

~*I've earned $200 worth of Amazon.com gift cards just by searching the web!*~
Join me!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jennifernpr

August 19th, 2006, 09:08 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was on the pill after I had zoe and it made me a complete B!tch and it was hard for me to remeber to take it.. So the IUD was the best option and most effective

August 20th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow, some of my friends have an IUD and its only good for 5 years, maybe its a different kind or perhaps different based on where we live?

I cant have an IUD because I have a bicornuate uterus(heart shaped) so it would only prevent half of my uterus from pregnancy. I have heard the patch doesnt work, and I dont know too much about the nuva ring(sp), so for me the best option was the pill. I started taking the pill when I was 19 years old and stopped taking it about a year before we conceived our son, and went back on it a few weeks after he was born.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

August 21st, 2006, 07:42 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
[quote]
wow, some of my friends have an IUD and its only good for 5 years, maybe its a different kind or perhaps different based on where we live?

It depends on what kind of IUD it is. I have the copper one, paragard, it's good for 10 years. The 5 year one has some hormones in it.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

August 21st, 2006, 07:49 AM
yahtzeecat1981's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to yahtzeecat1981
the pill just always seemed like the best choice for me, at least until I got preggo, now we are just trying the NFP method

Thank You nvr.4.gtn for my PERFECT siggy!
August 21st, 2006, 08:04 AM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
I was on Ortho Tricyclin for 3 years, but I have always hated oral contraception. I have trouble taking pills that are not in capsule form. BCPs tend to dissolve a little before you swallow them, and it freaks me out. I get so nauseated immediately after taking my pill. Blech!

I started using the Patch (Ortho Evra) 3 weeks after I had Emma. I haven't had any side effects, but I want to switch to something else. The patch attracts dirt and lint from my clothing, so the edges turn black (or red, or green, depending on what color shirt I'm wearing) and it just looks gross. I've tried wearing it on other places of my body (like my lower back, or stomach, but they don't seem to stay in place there.

I plan on switching to an IUD. I originally wanted to do that, but I was very paranoid about getting pregnant on it - not that it is likely, but that if for some reason I was to get pregnant while using the IUD the pregnancy would be considered high risk and would have a much higher rate of miscarriage. After going through one high risk pregnancy, and being terrified about losing my little girl, I definately didn't want to do that again.

I've basically overcome that fear though, and I've come to the conclusion that if I am meant to get pregnant again, I will, and if I'm meant to miscarry, then I will.

August 24th, 2006, 09:57 AM
~Heather~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Heather~
I was on the pill for years, and i hated having to take a pill every night. So I got on the patch. I really liked it. I was on the patch for a few years. And then we decided we wanted a baby. I got off the patch, and the next month I was pregnant. After I had Blaise I decided to start with the depo shot. Mainly because most women doesn't have a cycle while on it, so I liked that idea, lol. Plus I dont have to remember to change a patch every week or take a pill every night. I've only been on the shot for 2 months. So far I am really liking it.

August 25th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Rachael1983's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Rachael1983 Send a message via Yahoo to Rachael1983
i've been on yasmin since i was about 14 years old due to period irregularity. i tried ortho tricyclen after my insurance from my parents ran out and had terrible side effects. (i.e. depression and horrible mood swings). i switched back on yasmin and took that til we were rtc. i'll be changing to mirena, and i get it monday. i'd rather have that than to try to remember the pill every day as i have enough to think about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search